cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ and TU with different statuses on the same (paid) account?

tag
morrat
Established Member

EQ and TU with different statuses on the same (paid) account?

Hi all, I deployed to Iraq in 2009 and had my Comcast account go delinquent in that time frame (called Comcast to suspend/cancel it until I returned, and was told I was good to go, but they kept charging me even after my debit card was reissued. I wasn't aware I was still paying monthly).

It went into collections with CPA and I paid it online  in early 2010.The account was closed out completely, not a 30 day late or anything like that.

On my credit report, TU has the account's name as CRD PRT ASSO, with the status as "Collections Account" with a balance of $419.

On EQ, the account's name is CREDIT PROTECTION with a status as "Paid" and with a balance of $0. The account number is the same, so this has to be the same account.. how should I go about attempting to get these off my account? DV, GW, or what? And if that doesn't work, should I try to get the TU one listed as paid, and then just settle for letting them delete off whenever that would be? Here's a screenshot from my freecreditreport sheet. I browned out a few bits, including the Acct #'s, but the first few numbers match (the last 4 are X's ). Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: EQ and TU with different statuses on the same (paid) account?

I would dispute the debt with Comcast.  Tell them you suspended your service with them while deployed and you were not aware they were still charging you.  Did you turn in your cable box?

Message 2 of 10
morrat
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

I would dispute the debt with Comcast.  Tell them you suspended your service with them while deployed and you were not aware they were still charging you.  Did you turn in your cable box?

I didn't turn in anything. Can I dispute with Comcast after almost 4 years and the debt been paid through the CRA?

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would at least call them and find out why they continued to charge you even though you suspended the account.  They should still have information on your account.

You can also just call CPA and let them know that on TU it still shows a balance owed and was PIF.

Message 4 of 10
morrat
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

I would at least call them and find out why they continued to charge you even though you suspended the account.  They should still have information on your account.

You can also just call CPA and let them know that on TU it still shows a balance owed and was PIF.

That I shall do, then.

If for some reason I can't do anything about these like get them removed or changed (just a pessimist I suppose and looking into the future), when they die/age off a report, are they gone for good? 7 years or something? I mean, is the end result the same as it being removed, but just having to wait?

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are paid so they should never haunt you againSmiley Wink 

Yes, the end result is the same.

Message 6 of 10
morrat
Established Member

Didn't mean to come off as pesky, but I am very new to this. You da man.

Thanks as always!

Message 7 of 10
morrat
Established Member

LAST Q I SWEAR!Smiley Embarassed

How do you obtain the full number of the account? On my report the account number has the last four XXXX'ed out. All my items do, is that default?

Message 8 of 10
hausfrau
New Contributor

You could also contact the collection agency you paid with a goodwill letter, including a copy of your deployment orders from the time frame the original account went into default (obviously XXXX out any info on your orders that you don't need seen) and ask for a deletion from your credit records. Or try to make a goodwill phone call. Some places are very military friendly like that. 

The account numbers are usually partially xxxx out, but the company should be able to pull you without it. 

Starting my rebuild!

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@morrat wrote:

LAST Q I SWEAR!Smiley Embarassed

How do you obtain the full number of the account? On my report the account number has the last four XXXX'ed out. All my items do, is that default?

They can find it with the partial number.  And ask all the questions you want.

The reason I inquired about you being deployed was the SCRA.  There is a set limit you can be charged for late fees, interest, etc.  Also if you suspended your service while you were deployed and it was an oversight on Comcasts part, they may owe you a refund.  And a deletion of the CA TL.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.