Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ clean finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ clean finally

So last month I had 2 collections suddenly reage and i was fuming. My score tanked 84 points. So I immediately sent off letters proving they reaged and also asked they be removed out of goodwill since they were due to fall off in April anyway. (Well-April was 7 years so technically I think they have 7.5 years if I am remembering correctly) Either way.... they did it! I'm shocked.
Both deleted and I got a 121+ jump.

Finally EQ and TU are clean and high 700's.
Now EX is left-I have 1 baddie left and it is due to fall off August of this year so I probably will just leave it alone so nothing happens to it. It's only 6 months away.

God it is a good day. Had to share. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ clean finally

Congrats!  Did you send in the letters via snailmail or fax?  I've been having a very hard time with an incorrectly reported account on my Equifax report and they cannot get it right after 3 disputes.  I have called the data furnisher, they claim to be responding to Equifax each time with the account being in good standing and no delinquencies.  I have finally sent in a letter to Equifax via fax this week, so hoping that gets something done.  However, I am wondering if I should instead send a certified mail.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I send via plain old US Mail. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Updated reporting by a debt collector impacts scoring by positive statement that the debt remains unpaid, and thus the period of continued delinquency has increased.

That is proper, and is not considered improper "reaging" of the collection.

Changing the reported DOFD will not effect scoring per se, it will effect the ultimate exclusion date of the collection.

Thus, the 84 point reduction was likely due to their proper updating to show the debt still remained unpaid, and not a change in the reported DOFD.

What is commonly  called improper reaging is altering the reported DOFD to a later date, thus extending the ultimate date when the collection must become excluded from the consumer's credit report.

It is likely that they debt collector deleted for some other reason, such as they no longer had active collection authority, or they had simply given up on seeking collection on the debt.  Yes, it is still a deletion, but others may not expect similar deletion based on an assertion that updated reporting is improper reaging of a collection.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.