Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ investigation, no results yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ investigation, no results yet

My EQ reinvestigation was concluded on May 4.  I have yet to receive results from this dispute.  My question is, are the results obligated to be sent after the 30/45 days or at the conclusion of the investigation.  The rep on the phone dictated the results to me however I have received nothing from EQ online or snail mail.  Is this a 611 (a) violation?  What do I do if it is?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ investigation, no results yet

@Anonymous wrote:

My EQ reinvestigation was concluded on May 4.  I have yet to receive results from this dispute.  My question is, are the results obligated to be sent after the 30/45 days or at the conclusion of the investigation.  The rep on the phone dictated the results to me however I have received nothing from EQ online or snail mail.  Is this a 611 (a) violation?  What do I do if it is?  

Concluded on May 4th.. that was what? 6 days ago?

My guess is your results are in the mail.. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 611(a)(6)(A):

"A consumer reporting agency shall provide written notice to a consumer of the results of a reinvestigation under this section not later than 5 business days after the completion of the reinvestigation...."

Five business days plus mail time.  Give it another week.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the basically the five days goes off of the Post Mark?  Also do online investigative results summaries fulfill this requirement?  Thanks

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, the five days is not based on any postmark.  It is based on conclusion of their reinvestigation.

They are required to complete their reinvestigation within 30 days of the date of your dispute (unless you provided additonal information pertaining to the dispute, or requested your free annual CR during that time, which would extend their reinvestigation period to 45-days).

As for online disputes, the full wording of section 611(a)(6)(A) ends with the proviso "by mail or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by other means available to the agency."  Online disputes provide a check-box asking for your authorization for them to use electronic notification.  That would require electronic notice within the same five days.

Normally, date of dispute + 30 days + five business days + mail time (or electronic notice, if authorized)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I did check that box on the EQ dispute.  They are saying May 4, 2012 is the concluding date, there should be no lag time for e-results to be posted.  I'll wait a week to see if they mailed it.  What do I do if I dont receive the results summary?

Message 6 of 8
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Did you get an emails from EQ? They usually send one with a link to the PDF with the results. Also try checking the status with the confirmation number...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once a reasonable time has passed and no results are sent, I would send the CRA a letter demanding the deletion of the disputed information based on failure to verify, as required under FCRA 611(a).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.