Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ removed it will the other two!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ removed it will the other two!

Equifax removed a huge charge off that has been haunting me for YEARS! Is there anyway I can use that as leverage to get Transunion and Experian to remove the account? The account is a old car loan that was showing chargeoff, with a $15,000 balance.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ removed it will the other two!

Nope. The CRAs don't care what the other reports.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the removal resulted from a dispute, then the creditor was required to have reported any correction or deletion to all CRAs to which the information was reported.

No, the CRAs arent responsible for notifying each other, except for identity theft issues.

The responsibility is placed on the furnisher of the information.

Was the deletion based on the finding in a dispute, or was it a GW deletion?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As already mentioned, just because 1 CRA does someting doesn't mean the others will.

You said it had been haunting you for years? Was it removed due to age?

Did you initiate some kind of action that resulted in it being removed?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was based off a dispute I submitted to Equifax.
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send them a letter reminding them of their responsibility under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D):

"if the investigation finds that the information is incomplete or inaccurate, report those results to all other consumer reporting agencies to which the person furnished the information"

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound dumb. But I want to make sure I understand correctly. You are saying send a letter to Trans union and Experian stating the FCRA law and do i include a copy of Equifax deletion?
Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, you send it to the creditor.

It is the creditor's responsibility to correct/delete the disputed information.  The statute quite simply states that correction/deletion with the CRA that handled the dispute is not sufficient.  They must correct with all CRAs to which the information has also been reported.

Message 8 of 10
ESA2012
New Contributor

Can you pm me the process of how you got your charge off deleted? I have a similar situation.
Message 9 of 10
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@ESA2012 wrote:
Can you pm me the process of how you got your charge off deleted? I have a similar situation.

Sounds like he just disputed it with Equifax...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.