Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ score hasnt moved

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

EQ score hasnt moved

My last change was first week of July and since then I keep getting the 'no score alert this week' message. Is that normal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ score hasnt moved

I've gone months (3+) with no score change even after pulling from myFICO 1-2x/mo. Has anything changed that could have led to an increase? Also check your alerts. Seems like there could have been a delay of info from EQ that could have delayed the SW alerts, though my last was earlier this month (balance increase).

Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

At least from my TU score that I just bought today, my mortgage reporting is 2 months beinhd. It's showing June 2011 but not July and August.

Same for the car payment.

I should bite the bullet and get an EQ score and see what the deal it. For me, my balance can only go down since I'm paying on my mortgage and car payment  and a credit card (one card that's keeping my util at 75%)

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt you'd see any change if the loans are paid down since installment util is virtually non-existent per FICO. The age of the account would already be factored in since it reads the open date...in other words an update wouldn't help that. You would see a nice bump once the CC is paid down.

Message 4 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

I would have hadthe $$ to pay this down to 30% but my car died and need a lot of work.

I was thinking that if I can pay this down to 50%, I would get at least a 20 points bump.

Last time my Cap one was at 70% and I paid it down to 20% I got a 25 points bump. I'm hoping to get ot my goal of 670 by year end.

Message 5 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Also if I can get Kay Jewellers to remove that paid collection that I have with them, that should help me a lot.

I paid off a collection that I had with them. Paid it off this past April. But so far they are not budging at all.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.