cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUABLE ASCENT FINANCIAL: Do I sit or take action?

tag
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

EQUABLE ASCENT FINANCIAL: Do I sit or take action?

What should I do with this, it says it will fall of in March - should I try paying now and asking for deletion? I hate looking at it on my report, although its only on Experian I still hate seeing negatives.  Or are they notorious for not deleting and if thats the case I probably should just sit it out? I honestly dont know what its for but wouldnt doubt that its mine since I did have a few bad checks when my life was just a mess back then. I read certergy is checks so thats why I'm thinking bad checks, but I see the word installment listed so maybe its something else?  Anyway, not sure what to do.

• I have disputed online and it came back verifified.
  • I dont plan on buying a house until next summer July 2012 and this should fall off by then, hopefully stays gone too.

Opinions welcomed:

EQUABLE ASCENT FINANCIAL

Address:
 1120 W LAKE COOK RD STE A
  BUFFALO GROVE, IL 60089
 (866) 902-7395
Account Number:
Original Creditor:
CERTEGY

Address Identification Number:

Collection account. $180 past due as of Apr 2011.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Mar 2012.
This item was verified and updated on May 2011.

Date Opened:
07/2005
Date of Status:
09/2006
Reported Since:
09/2006
Last Reported Date:
04/2011

Type:
Installment
Terms:
1 Months 
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual 

Credit Limit:
$150
High Balance:
N/A 
Recent Balance:
$180
Recent Payment:
$0

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQUABLE ASCENT FINANCIAL: Do I sit or take action?

UPDATE: I have decided to pay this off becuase I just noticed its showing up as an account on my Experian report and even reporting lates.  If I pay it to zero this should help with my Experian score.  Hopefully they'll accept a PFD but from what I have read they dont seem to cooperate very much.

The simulator that I have on another website says if this gets deleted my score could go up possibly 19points.  Paying down to zero could decrease my score by 2points.

I just sent them an email explaining basically that since this is near falling off I can wait, but if they are able to delete this for me if I pay in full I would appreciate it.  etc etc

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even if it is showing in the accounts section, though it is not supposed to, FICO still sees this as a collection.  Collections do not count in your utilization.

A CA cannot report late payments.

But, still ask for a PFD.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This company sued me, the case got dismissed due to them not having the information to prove the debt was mine.

I'm going to send a GW letter for delete, hopefully it works out.

Who should I send it to? Their website has email address for CEO, COO, CFO, VP of Analytics and a few others.

Would a typed letter sent to HQ be better?

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

When I contacted them they replied with, that they can not find my information using my social security number. I gave them my name, address and social security number and still they could not find my record.  So I decided to send a dispute to CRA.  We'll see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.