Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX SCOREWATCH vs MYFICO SCOREWATCH

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

EQUIFAX SCOREWATCH vs MYFICO SCOREWATCH

Aren't the EQ scores from these  both FICO  EQ Beacon 5.0 ????????  I just read a post that says the EQ SW isn't a FICO and I'm needing to know please and thank you very much.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX SCOREWATCH vs MYFICO SCOREWATCH

The EQ scorewatch is definitely a FICO.  My score from there has matched what I received from lenders.  It also specifies this on their site.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 2 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

Aren't the EQ scores from these  both FICO  EQ Beacon 5.0 ????????  I just read a post that says the EQ SW isn't a FICO and I'm needing to know please and thank you very much.

I already answered that in Student Loans. Both SW products sell exactly the same product.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 13
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Does EQ Scorewatch gives you access to FICO score everyday or as it changes you know what it is, or can you only see your score twice a year? I'm confused.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 4 of 13
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

Does EQ Scorewatch gives you access to FICO score everyday or as it changes you know what it is, or can you only see your score twice a year? I'm confused.

Hi MarcinXP,

Here's a thread that may help....

Score Watch Guide http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Score-Watch-Guide/td-p/603543

Also SW is talked about on the other board, called myFICO Product Feedback board.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 13
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Awww.got it and signed up...I want to crySmiley Sad. I'm at 462 FICO EQ. I had 2 collections deleted and still have few more baddies. I have only 2 good tradelines..actually have a Ford with 30 day late in July that I tried to GW the hell out of even emailed SVP and CFO of Ford and no go on that as well as HSBC card since February with no lates. I do have a $300 limit and 91 utilization so i will pay that off before next statement balance as it seems that they report it 1 or 2 days after statement is closed...did not know about UTIL affecting credit until last week when I really started reading this forum day and night..feel like I've learned a lot...Going to keep my balance below 10%...we will see how this goes...the road seems so long from 462...what really bugs me is that 30 day late must have killed it and FAKO scores are BS...oh well.....we shall see how this turns out

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 6 of 13
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Hmm...well I was subscribing to Equifax Scorewatch earlier this year until I went to the bank in June and it was way off! The Equifax Scorewatch showed my score as being in the 620's, I MyFICO (Equifax) showed it as 543 and the bank had me at a 557! I am sooo incredibly confused??? I wish I could attach a scanned image or something showing the print outs of all 3...

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 7 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RW771 wrote:

Hmm...well I was subscribing to Equifax Scorewatch earlier this year until I went to the bank in June and it was way off! The Equifax Scorewatch showed my score as being in the 620's, I MyFICO (Equifax) showed it as 543 and the bank had me at a 557! I am sooo incredibly confused??? I wish I could attach a scanned image or something showing the print outs of all 3...

Equifax sells so many products on their site and it can get very confusing. Is this what you are talking about when you say Equifax ScoreWatch? http://www.equifax.com/credit-score-watch/

If it then there is definitely something wrong because as far as I know the two SW products from Equifax and from myFICO are exactly the same. Equifax sells their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" but this is NOT an EQ FICO score.

I'm not at all saying you are confused. I'm just trying to figure out why those 2 scores are so far apart when they should be the same if both are part of SW reports.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 13
Booner72
Senior Contributor

MY Equifax Scorewatch score matched exactly what the CU pulled today.  I pulled my last scorepower report to see what's up right after I got off the phone w/ the CU.  So they're definitely the same.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

The EQ FICO I get from SW and DCU are the same.

However I recently got a Dsicover card and in the letter, they mentioned my EQ FICO (New version I guess) and it was 38 points higher than SW .

The new EQ formula doesnt take into consideration collections under $100 so in ignoring this paid collection that i have, I gained 38 points.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.