Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX - again! They refuse to remove CA and CO

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX - again! They refuse to remove CA and CO

Why can't they get a real system like EX? EX removed in matter of days.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Verification that it belongs to you is as minimal as matching a social. I suggest you choose the dispute option where they have to verify dates, amt, etc. If it get verified then you know it's the company and not EQ OR escalate to and EQ supervisor (I had one at TU and EX call the CA for me).

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Message 12 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Supervisors are never available to answer calls and the front line employees dont speak English.

Message 13 of 22
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

I have 3 that I'm waiting on the CRA to remove. The first one was late June. If it's not done by Aug 1st I'll start sending copies to TU, EX and EQ. Ooh how I love this waiting game.

Message 14 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Complaint ID#: xxxxxxxx     Business Name: Equifax, Inc.

Thank you for contacting BBB. Your complaint was received by BBB on July 20, 2012 and has been assigned case# xxxxxxxxx in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Equifax, Inc.
1550 Peachtree Street, Mail Drop 65
Atlanta, GA 30309

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. This business has until August 19, 2012 to respond to your complaint.

To check the status of your complaint, we encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system. To view the details of your case please go to the following website address:

EAT IT EQ!!!  Smiley Happy Sorry, been in horrible meetings all day and I have to vent. 

Message 15 of 22
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Did I miss something or don't the CRAs have like 30-45 days or longer to update your CR with the delete of an account? What has it been, 26 for one and 15 for another?

Message 16 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Did I miss something or don't the CRAs have like 30-45 days or longer to update your CR with the delete of an account? What has it been, 26 for one and 15 for another?

They ruled on dispute and didnt remove.  Since they reached a final decision I am able to initiate the BBB complaint.  The fact they elected to use less than max amount of time is irrelevant. 

Unleash the hounds!!

Message 17 of 22
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

They ruled on dispute and didnt remove.  Since they reached a final decision I am able to initiate the BBB complaint.  The fact they elected to use less than max amount of time is irrelevant. 

Unleash the hounds!!

The CRAs clearly state they do not accept consumer documentation in regards to deletions. They may do it, they may not. Crapshoot depending on who the letter is read by, ect ect...

Your beef is with the company who is providing that information. They haven't updated their records in regards to your account that is currently reporting, because Equifax is just using eOscar to validate these accounts.

This is WHY collection companies advise to WAIT for deletion... just because they sent you a letter and cash your check doesn't mean it has updated electronically in their system data that sends to eoscar.. some companies have means to update immediately, some do not... 

I will use a work example. At my employer, some of the financials do not update on a certain system of ours until a batch job processes at month end. That is just how it is. People call me and piss and moan about it every single month. It's just how it is.

I think patience is required in this situation. 

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 18 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

When the other CRA's have already deleted the file because they received the notice, it is not logical to think that EQ didnt receive the same notice.  Maybe I just dont understand their system.  But if they are supposed to "investigate" the dispute doesnt that mean investigate as in contact the company and actually investigate?

Message 19 of 22
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

When the other CRA's have already deleted the file because they received the notice, it is not logical to think that EQ didnt receive the same notice.  Maybe I just dont understand their system.  But if they are supposed to "investigate" the dispute doesnt that mean investigate as in contact the company and actually investigate?

Psh.... yeah right. They don't investigate anything. They do it all electronically, which is why disputing with the CRAs is so pointless most of the time...

They sanatize the dispute with the eOscar system, and the gist of your real dispute doesn't come across.. it's basically just codes.. ugh..

I get what you are saying, and I understand the other two deleted. But EQ will probably just frustrate you further.. I would push the originator to make sure they refile the deletion with EQ, regardless of whether they said they have already..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.