Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX is NOT my friend....

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

EQUIFAX is NOT my friend....

I have been working diligently on repairing the mess called my credit reports.  I am doing OK with my EX and TU files as things are getting corrected as well as deleted. 

EQ is another issue all together.  I only have one CA listed in my collection section (will be deleted hopefully soon by HIPAA process). 

I have two CA's listed as "other" (LVNV, not paid and Portfolio Recovery, settled)

Of course a bunch of CO's that are pretty much paid off. My AmEx is listed as a CO but I am doing the OASIS program and hope to be done with that in a few more months.

I honestly believe what is killing my score is my car payment.  EQ continues to report it as a closed account.  I have disputed this back in March and it was corrected to show that it was open.  That lasted exactly 2 days.  It then went right back to the closed section and no matter what I do and how EQ continues to say that they see it as open.  I even went online to dispute an address and low and behold, GMAC is STILL misted under closed section.  Talking to them is a waste of my breathe and faxing them copies of the pages that shows that they are listing it as a closed account.  

What can I do about this, I am completely p*used with EQ.

Also, on my CCT it is also showing that on EQ I have NO open accounts.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX is NOT my friend....

Can you contact GMAC & tell them the issue you are having?  Maybe an update in full from them will shock your account back to life!!!

Ask them to report fully...

name, acct #, amt loaned, date, last pmt amt, last pmt sent, "STATUS", etc.

Can't hurt!  BTW...this is a bummer...your one open acct...showing closed!!  Smiley Mad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Can you contact GMAC & tell them the issue you are having?  Maybe an update in full from them will shock your account back to life!!!

Ask them to report fully...

name, acct #, amt loaned, date, last pmt amt, last pmt sent, "STATUS", etc.

Can't hurt!  BTW...this is a bummer...your one open acct...showing closed!!  Smiley Mad

I will contact them tomorrow.  Its just really frustrating that they sentverification to EQ stating that they account was never closed but for some reason it workd for a couple days and then went right back to being incorrect.

Thanks Mo! 

Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

You bet!!  I try & help when I can!  Smiley Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Mo, I forgot about my student loan.  Its opened as well.  i also checked my report and all of the info you talked about is reporting correctly on my report.  The only issue is that Equifax os showing it as being a closed account.

On myfico report for the fic simulator for EQ its showing the entire account due ($14000) is listed as past due.  I am getting madder by the minute.  I may need to file a complaint to get it corrected. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.