Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ER Solutions/Sprint Advice Needed

tag
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

ER Solutions/Sprint Advice Needed

I sent a DV letter to ER Solutions for Sprint last month.  Today I got a reply with a copy of a complete bill from Sprint dated this month.  Confused, as I haven't had Sprint since 2006, I headed to Sprint's website and tried my old login.  Much to my surprise it worked and shows bills from the past 2 years.  Apparently Sprint kept my account open.

Now the question is this.  Do I talk to Sprint about paying this off or go through ER Solutions (PFD)?  I would personally feel better sending money to Sprint instead of a CA, but I'm wondering what is best.  Would paying Sprint directly reset the date it can be on my CR?  I would like to pay it AND have it removed but if paying it resets then I'd rather not pay - it will fall off in 18 months anyway.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: ER Solutions/Sprint Advice Needed

My advice would be to speak to Sprint about it. If you know you owe it, just because things are quiet now, doesn't mean it will stay that way. It looks like ER solutions is attempting to collect, but Sprint still owns the account. Even if it does fall off, an unpaid bill can always be collected. I think once it gets sold to someone else, it just gets nastier. I'm not completely sure about the resetting thing, but if that's what you are worried about, ask for a PFD and go from there. 

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Re: ER Solutions/Sprint Advice Needed

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem paying them I just do not want to reset the clock on my CR.  As it is now, it will fall off in 18 months.  I just need to be still falls off (or PFD).  Not sure if I contact Sprint does that reset the clock since the account seems to still be open.  In other words I don't want Sprint showing up with an active account that shows late payments....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.