Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERC ATT COLLECTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC ATT COLLECTION

Hi everyone. When i pulled my credit report last time, i saw that i have 1 collection account posted by ERC. As you know, ERC is working on behalf of att. But i want to pay full amount directly to att. So, what steps should i follow to succesfully remove this collection from my report? Should i just go to att store and pay and get my receipt and then call credit agencies or should i write letter to att(and to what department)? I am really confused and i really want to pay this debt.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ERC ATT COLLECTION

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone. When i pulled my credit report last time, i saw that i have 1 collection account posted by ERC. As you know, ERC is working on behalf of att. But i want to pay full amount directly to att. So, what steps should i follow to succesfully remove this collection from my report? Should i just go to att store and pay and get my receipt and then call credit agencies or should i write letter to att(and to what department)? I am really confused and i really want to pay this debt.

Neither. Wait until ATT sends it to a new collector (they move about every six months), and when you get the first dunning notice from a new collector, pay ATT immediately before the collector ever reports it (there will be a contact number on the notice). It will stay off your reports. If by chance ERC has not deleted their report, simply dispute with the CRA's that ERC does not have collection authority.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay AT&T (either on the phone or in person). I was in the same boat a few months ago. I had a bill from AT&T and a collection from ERC. What I did was pay AT&T in full. Once it was paid, the next time my credit report updated the AT&T charge off was removed from my credit report. After that, I disputed through the credit bureaus that the ERC collection should not be on my report, as I had paid in full to AT&T. I just attached my PIF receipt. After the dispute, both AT&T and ERC were off of my credit report and my score jumped about 30points!

Message 3 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If you pay AT&T while a collection agency has collection authority (doesn't matter which CA, and it's the same for any OC/CA combo) then all the CA is required to do is to update the account to paid with a zero balance. Disputing the CA after the fact doesn't mean the CA will be deleted from the reports. It may, and it may not be deleted.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, but it's still worth a shot if it has a chance of being deleted! I'm glad I disputed it.

Message 5 of 9
GameMaster1564
New Contributor

Three weeks ago, I got the Credit Karma update that ERC was removed from my reports. I figured that the account was in between switching collection agencies, so I quickly made my way down to the local AT&T store and paid the debt in full and got my receipt. (This was on a Monday)

Here comes Thursday, ERC re-appears on my equifax report with the original balance (Never reported on TU, and I dont have a recent copy of EX). I quickly fired off a dispute and now awaiting the results.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just disputed via creditkarma (i dont have any knowledge of this account) but nothing changed:/. So i am thinking to pay in full to the ATT. There is nothing to do. I will just pay it in full at att store, take my receipt and will dispute again. Hope it will work.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just disputed via creditkarma (i dont have any knowledge of this account) but nothing changed:/. So i am thinking to pay in full to the ATT. There is nothing to do. I will just pay it in full at att store, take my receipt and will dispute again. Hope it will work.

If you believe the account may be the result fraud/ID Theft, do not pay it and do not dispute it. Use FCRA 605B to get it removed quickly and easily. Look it up and read the requirements, send the four documents to each of the CRA's and it will be deleted within a few days.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know..i think i will pay at Att store in full and then dispute it.. or i will pay in full and wait att to transfer to another CA and i will dispute it.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.