cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERC Goodwill Success... how long is typical?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC Goodwill Success... how long is typical?

I sent ERC a goodwill letter on Jan 8th and heard back on the 10th with this message :

Thank you for your inquiry. A deletion has been submitted to all three credit bureaus in association with the account. Please allow up to 45 days for the update to appear on your personal credit report.  If you have further questions or concerns you may contact a general representative at (800) 617-0049 during the following office hours: 8 am-11pm Monday-Thursday, 8am-7pm Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday.

Warm Regards,

Customers Relations Team c/o Office Of the President

ERC

8014 Bayberry Rd Jacksonville FL 32256

It is now Feb 1st and it is still on my credit report, I know it says up to 45 days however does it usually take longer than 3 weeks to update? As soon as this is off, I am mortgage ready! Also, what would be my next step if it does not come off my report?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ERC Goodwill Success... how long is typical?

Anybody?

Message 2 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Up to 90 days is typical but usually happens within 60 days. Your next move is to remind them about the deal and if that doesnt work then a BBB complaint for shoddy business practice

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I also have paid collections with them. do you mind sending me the goodwill letter you send them so I have an idea on how to write one for them. (Mod Cut-Personal contact info cant be posted in the public forum, you can ask for a PM of the letter)

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me where you sent your letter?
Message 5 of 16
DphyinCA001

What I have done in the past is dispute the ERC account directly with the CB and it comes off quicker.  I have had success with that in the past.

Current Score: 640/ 640/ 631

Starting Score 591/ 600/ 610.
Target Score: 700+.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's on all 3 reports. I have disputed it in the past and it's been verified so what would my reason be for disputing this time? I don't want to piss ERC off especially since they are willing to take it off my report. It's still on all 3 reports and it's been 28 days now, hopefully it'll be gone very soon. I have the $29.95 credit monitoring here, will I get a notifcation when they do fall off?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anybody wants the email I sent the letter to, PM me. I am just anxious to see this removed, it's the last baddie and I am hopefully going to see a decent score bump. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so great to hear. I am happy you were able to get through them successfully. I just sent three goodwill letters to them via snail mail to three different people. I hope it works for me as well.

So happy for you. I hear it takes up 2.5 months to see it but honestly what matters is that you have proof that, that is supposesd to be removed. 

CONGRATULATIONS

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! can you please PM me the email address please?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.