Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERC at it again - UPDATE

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

ERC at it again - UPDATE

I just got a notice that ERC reported a $28 collection to my credit.  This is the same thing they have reported for the past 4 years, I have always disputed it online and it was always removed.  They are reporting date opened as 11/2013 which I know is not right. 

What should I do next? 

I managed to find out it was from an ATT bill my mom had in my name in 2009, I went ahead and paid it and ATT said that they would notify the collection agency.  It took me having to go to accounts receivable for them to pull the info up since it is so old. 

I think I am going to go ahead and file an online dispute, they were always removed before so why wouldn't they be now?

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: ERC at it again

I just called to try and get info from, they said they couldn't pull any info up unless I gave them my SS, she tried with my name and said she couldn't so I just hung up.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 2 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: ERC at it again - UPDATE

File a BBB complaint. Seems to me they're violating the FDCPA. one of the gurus need to answer this one. where's robert or guiness
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I wouldn't use the BBB as they are more for business practices.

File a dispute with the CFPB.  That is what they are for.

Message 4 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yeah that's what i meant. what guiness said lol
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.