Did you mean: 

ERC deletion 30 days or longer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC deletion 30 days or longer

Hi!
Very new to this!!!!!
Send in a DV letter to ERC. Orginal creditor is Sprint, $618.
They sent back that they were going to delete the collection from all credit reporting agencies! The letter also said that it could take 30 days or longer.
Today is day 43 and still no deletion......
Any idea what I should do? Should I be worried?
ERC is not the easiest collection company to deal with lol
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ERC deletion 30 days or longer

Bump Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Seems like the best thing to do is to get back in contact with them. They may tell you it takes "at least...." but it's good to double-check.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! That's what I was thinking. I've read a lot on these forums about ERC deletion and everyone reported it was deleted in a week or so after receiving that letter! Thank you!!!!!!
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Bottom line is that the promised deletion is totally voluntary, so there is no required period.

They may include it in their next regular reporting cycle, or they might miss their regular cycle, extending an additional month.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay gotcha!!! That makes sense. According to credit check total..... They reported it 2x a month in July, August and not an update sent in September. All that can change and they may very well send an update in October! Just praying they don't send an update and it will be deleted. It's the only thing negative I've ever had on my credit. And very new to the collections/negative marks.... It's been on my credit since 2014. I've been just now noticing it unfortunately and trying to get as much success stories and advice as possible!

Sorry for all the grammar issues.... Trying to get my 3 year old to sleep!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

.... The letter basically said that 'they couldn't validate the debt and they have requested the debt to be deleted from the credit brueaus. The process could take 30 days or longer'......

But here's the thing... I talked to Experian (for another issue on an authorized signer account from work showing on my credit report)
And mentioned the ERC on my credit and that they agreed to delete from credit report.
The lady said that she didn't see any request whatsoever! And to upload that letter to Experian on their website.
Unfortunately, I've been kinda scared to upload it thinking it might start a dispute with the credit bureau.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.