Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERC question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC question?

I sent out a DV on April 20th via certified mail in which they received on the 24th. Of course I haven't heard anything from them and I didn't expect to hear after reading much of other posters questions. I only sent I DV to them due to not recognizing the amount owed to the original creditor (Directv), and I did not put that into my letter. Long story short I apparently didn't return the equipment back In time so they did not honor the returned equipment, but I had already sent out my DV letter. So the question I have is this DV was not sent out within the allotted time from when receiving the dunning notice probably because either I didn't receive one or it just got overlooked in the mail. So when I checked the credit report they have updated for the month of May and under the comments section is stated "consumer disputes...." Is it because I didn't send the DV letter timely that they can continue to report on the CR before validating or do they not have to validate at all?
Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ERC question?

@Anonymous wrote:
I sent out a DV on April 20th via certified mail in which they received on the 24th. Of course I haven't heard anything from them and I didn't expect to hear after reading much of other posters questions. I only sent I DV to them due to not recognizing the amount owed to the original creditor (Directv), and I did not put that into my letter. Long story short I apparently didn't return the equipment back In time so they did not honor the returned equipment, but I had already sent out my DV letter. So the question I have is this DV was not sent out within the allotted time from when receiving the dunning notice probably because either I didn't receive one or it just got overlooked in the mail. So when I checked the credit report they have updated for the month of May and under the comments section is stated "consumer disputes...." Is it because I didn't send the DV letter timely that they can continue to report on the CR before validating or do they not have to validate at all?
Thanks so much!

If your DV is not timely (within first 30 days of receiving dunning notice) then they can just ignore it, it would no weight whatsoever. If the DV was sent timely and it was already showing on your CR they can choose to never validate in such a case they have to cease all communications until such time they do validate and they can leave the entry on your CR there is no requirement that it be deleted. Only TX under the TX Finance Codes demands a CA delete a TL if they wont or cant validate after 30 days and a DV under TX law can be requested at any time.

Marking TLs as disputed is the latest form of harrassment from CAs. I would file a complaint with the CFPB if this remains unresolved at the 30 day mark   http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.