Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX 29 point drop, but why??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX 29 point drop, but why??

The only negative item on my report is that 2012 car loan. Discover said 0 missed payments, EX says 1 account (and links me to that one) with missed payments.  It's almost as if Discover isn't counting the closed account in its summary.

All this got me worried about the others so I went ahead and got the 3B $1 trial from CCT, the only other one I can actually compare is TU which is 3 points lower than last month but nowhere near the drop on my EX. I'm noticing some of the details on the accounts listed there aren't matching up with what other sources are telling me, however.... Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 25
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

CK can be weird about how things report. I was asking about negatives because my sister had no lates showing but her score reasoning indicated a late...turned out to be from a comment listed on one of her accounts. How's the score on CCT?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 668 also.

That particular line (the car loan) is saying "legally paid in full for less than the full balance" on EX, but EQ and TU both say payment status is "late" (as a reference, my annual credit report for TU said ">Account paid in Full; was a Charge-off<")

The AU account with Chase card had been reporting on all 3, but EQ deleted it this month. The other two show account status as "open" but under ownership both say "terminated".

I really am leaning in the direction that the Chase card is what is wrong, and am wondering if there's a way to delete it from all three without reprocussion for the one who put me on as AU without my knowledge.  I never wanted to be on it and was taken off very shortly after it showed up on my credit, it's been nothing but a headache since I first found out.

Message 23 of 25
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

You can dispute it with the CRA's as not your account and they should delete it.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it taken off TU, didn't change the score a bit. EX wouldn't let me do it online but was finally able to dispute it with them on the phone yesterday, will see where that leads.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.