Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX Jumped 45 points! ***happy dance, happy dance***

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX Jumped 45 points! ***happy dance, happy dance***

Per MyFICO today. Smiley LOL I assume this is attributed to the one and only derogatory account that was removed a couple days ago. May drop again once the Capital One account is finally added. AAoA went from 1 year, 8 months to 8 months with new accounts Smiley Sad Kind of a bummer. Wonder if the score jump would have been a lot higher without the new credit lines. Now my length of history is listed as a bright red BAD instead of not good like before. Hopefully patience and time will help improve it. Not sure how accurate the score simulator tool is but it says paying bills on time for just three months will boost my score to 699, thats my plan anyway but 30 points in 3 months would be SWEET! Good day everyone and good luck on your rebuilding journey Heart

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX Jumped 45 points! ***happy dance, happy dance***

Thats awesome! Congrats! I hope that simulator is accurate, because it says my score will jump to around the same when my cards start reporting!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

gib68sg I think it will! Thats what happened with my EQ score when a new account was reported, it was only 18 points but still thats not bad. Most of what I've read here implies scores go down when new accounts are opened and idk if I believe thats correct based on my experience. Maybe it depends on how big of an impact is made on your AAoA at the time? I've given up trying to figure out precisely how this scoring thing works Smiley Tongue Just happy its going up

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, I'm with you. I don't understand how it works, I just like seeing it go up. Hopefully we're both reporting happy things in the coming months.

Message 4 of 13
dursty87
Established Contributor

Sounds like EX deleted it after all. Congrats again on the success.

Having a clean report will far outweigh the hit you took on AAoA
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ssondubs they definitely followed through. Thank you so much for all your help! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Had a similar experience last week. Feels great!

Message 7 of 13
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Veg325 it feels fantastic, congrats to you also Smiley LOL Thank you both!

Message 9 of 13
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Now stay in the garden and you'll see more improvment with the aging accounts!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.