cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX: This account is scheduled to remain on record until ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX: This account is scheduled to remain on record until ...

My EX report has a collection that, according to the report, "is scheduled to remain on record until June 2012." Being that it's already mid-June, I take this to mean "last day of June," but I'm wondering how accurate it is. Does anyone have experience with this comment? Is EX good at removing items when they say?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: EX: This account is scheduled to remain on record until ...

Id like to know this two as I have some that are due up soon (August)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
taskforce971
Valued Member

I believe it's usually at the end of the month.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

First, the comment does not really specify the legal date after which the CRA must exclude the collection, so it does not have "firmness" to it.

Do you know the DOFD on the OC account?  The maximum statutory date is 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

It does not require exclusion until that date has passed, and any "estimated' date provides no statement of the date upon which the estimate is based.

As for when deletion is required, FCRA 623(a)(5) is the statute that defines the reporting of a DOFD.  It stipulates that the reporting of a DOFD need only specify the month and year of the DOFD, not the day. So use the last day of the month. The exclusion dates as set forth in section 605(a) all are couched in "after" the period terminology.

Use the last day of the month as the begin date, add the term, and expect statutory deletion the first day of the following month after the period has expired.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, looks like it stopped reporting today. So yeah. Apparently the 19th for this specific scenario. Interestingly, EQ notes the DOFD was 9/2005, but it stopped reporting on 6/1.

It feel like there's a hidden date reported that doesn't show up on any of the reports...

Regardless, thanks all!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.