Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX deleted portfolio recovery;)

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

EX deleted portfolio recovery;)

I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. My experian results were in. I was in no rush to check it so I finally did and I found out the my two medical collections were deleted as we'll as the portfolio recovery account. I am not sure why it was delted because Iit was within 30 days I'm sure and equifax verified the account. I'm a little confused but also elated. I'm hoping it doesn't pop back up but for now I need to work on the other two credit bureaus...I would like to check my score should I check iit here at fico.com or the experian site?

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Re: EX deleted portfolio recovery;)

Anyone have any idea why they may have deleted and the equifax didn't? I just disputed them both abt 3 weeks ago...can I dispute transunion on this site?

Message 2 of 9
G_kwr

If you dispute an item it comes off your credit report until the creditor reaffirms the debt. Most likely the disputed debt will be reposted to the CRA in a matter of weeks, unless it truly isn't yours.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs were required to forward a copy of your dispute to the furnisher of the disputed information, and the furnisher was required to respond back to the CRA with the results of their investigation.  The CRA then makes the final determination on the dispute.

If the furnisher does not reply to the CRA or replies that they are unable to verify the accuracy, then the CRA will or must delete until they have basis for verification.

It is quite likely that the debt collector chose to verify only with the one CRA, and not the other.

Each CRA is required to conclude their reinvestigation within 30 days of filing of the dispute, and send you their formal Notice of Results of Reinvetigation within 5 days thereafter.  That concludes the dispute.

If a CRA deletes based on lack of verification, they the collection cannot be reinserted by the debt collector, or in fact any debt collector, uness their reporting is accompanied by a pre-certificztion of the accuracy of whatever was the disputed information.

They may, for various reasons, have decided to delete notwithstanding their verification of the accuracy of the disputed information.

They may wish simply to avoid any prior disputes,  they may have had their collection authority terminated, or they may either have sold the debt or are planning to do so.

Hard to tell.  However, by verifying the dispute, they have cleared the way for either themselves or any other party to reinsert a collection without any pre-conditions.

The Notice of Results of Reinvestigtation your receive from each CRA establishes whether or not the disputed information has been verified, and thus whether any future reporting is subject to the reinsertion provisions of the FCRA (i.e., whether new reporting must first provide the missing verification).

Message 4 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

The other items I disputed with experian were never deleted it just stated that it was disputed but I never received an emailed notice saying it was deleted

Message 5 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

It is possible that it is just being disputed and will be reinserted but I wonder why experian didnt delete the other stuff I disputed...

Message 6 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

I checked my report that I printed on Jan 28 and I saw that it was noted as disputed as well. Im not sure why at date I actually disputed it though

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@HigherFico wrote:

I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. My experian results were in. I was in no rush to check it so I finally did and I found out the my two medical collections were deleted as we'll as the portfolio recovery account. I am not sure why it was delted because Iit was within 30 days I'm sure and equifax verified the account. I'm a little confused but also elated. I'm hoping it doesn't pop back up but for now I need to work on the other two credit bureaus...I would like to check my score should I check iit here at fico.com or the experian site?

I could speculate on why these things were deleted but i'm not going to, Im just going to say congrats on your deletions Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Just updating...I never received notification that portfolio was put back on my report. I am trying to get them off the other two. Can I use the one that was deleted from Experian as leverage to get the others deleted? Also, anyone else have any ideas as to why it may have been deleted?? Just curious

I do't even know which company requested for it to be deleted but I am sure thankful for it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.