Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX dispute online

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

EX dispute online

I did an online dispute for 8 collections, that were all due to fall off this year. EQ and TU removed ALL of them and my score went up 37 pts on TU and 47 pts on EQ. EX however has NOT removed any of them and sent them all to the collector (Portfolio) as a dispute. Portfolio sent a letter stating the cc acct number, the amount, etc. confirming the debt. These accts have been SOL a while now, but stil reporting as OPEN. They claim the DOFD is 11/2017 and 12/2017 (which I find inaccurate, according to my other reports). So, my question is...being that EX filed the dispute with them and they validated...did this just re-age my debts? I didnt ask EX TO dispute directly, I just asked for early exclusion, the same as I did EQ and TU. (by the way, TU had them removed within 48 hrs of receiving my online dispute!! Anyone want to chime in?!!? Thankyou!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: EX dispute online

What exactly does it say for removal date? I'm assuming that 11/17 and 12/17 was a typo since that is in the future. Those dates are probably just the dates they were reported or the dates Portfolio acquired the account.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX dispute online

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

I did an online dispute for 8 collections, that were all due to fall off this year. EQ and TU removed ALL of them and my score went up 37 pts on TU and 47 pts on EQ. EX however has NOT removed any of them and sent them all to the collector (Portfolio) as a dispute. Portfolio sent a letter stating the cc acct number, the amount, etc. confirming the debt. These accts have been SOL a while now, but stil reporting as OPEN. They claim the DOFD is 11/2017 and 12/2017 (which I find inaccurate, according to my other reports). So, my question is...being that EX filed the dispute with them and they validated...did this just re-age my debts? I didnt ask EX TO dispute directly, I just asked for early exclusion, the same as I did EQ and TU. (by the way, TU had them removed within 48 hrs of receiving my online dispute!! Anyone want to chime in?!!? Thankyou!!

EX will only remove 3 months early, and I believe the EE removal date is the one listed on their backdoor reports as the date it will fall off the report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.