Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX dispute, result: "Updated", confused

tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

EX dispute, result: "Updated", confused

So I have a paid collection reporting inaccurately (amount was wrong).  Contacted the CA asking to update or remove TL.  Shouldn't have included the bit about removing, as they replied they will not delete as they are "required to report accurate information to the credit bureaus."  

HA!  No kidding?!  That's what I asked for!  Anyhow, I replied clarifying my request.  No answer.  I submitted another separate request (just in case they ignore replies) to the same address and never heard back.

I decided to dispute with EX since I wasn't getting anywhere with the CA.  The EX dispute came back today as "Updated."  The TL still stands and shows as "Paid, Closed", but the "Date of Status" and "Last Reported Date" and the three months of reporting history have all been changed.....????

Details:

EX 5/16 report

"Date of Status" : 02/2014

"Last Reported Date" 02/2014

Three months reported: DEC - C, JAN - ND, FEB - CLS

EX 06/03

"Date of Status" : 12/2013

"Last Reported Date" 12/2013

One month reported: DEC - C

I didn't challenge any of this info, so why would it be changed?  Also, IT'S LESS ACCURATE THAN BEFORE!  It's clearly false since my 5/16 EX shows that it was updated in Feb, not Dec (as they are now reporting...which is weird, because they reported in 6/14 that it was last reported in 12/13?).

Any ideas on what to do here?  The TL is inaccurate and not only will they not change it, they're making it worse.  Also, it shows "Terms: 1 Month"  Can a CA report terms?

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX dispute, result: "Updated", confused

It was paid, so they can't update the information since the date it was paid, that's why the last reported is on there.  They can go and update old information, but if they update it past the date it was paid it would look like a newer collection and that can't legally be reported.

Their terms are always one month, and it's coded as a collection, no monthly derogs, so no problem there.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

I paid it in Feb, though.  That's what threw me.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Now it's paid, so send in a nicely worded GW first.  Then, go over the TL very dilligently looking for anything that might give you a leg up.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

So changing the last reported date and closed date to one that is inaccurate isn't a problem?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.