Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX fall off date?

tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Re: EX fall off date?

That random 90 concerns me too. I get that the fall off date *should* be Aug (or up to 180 days after that), but both TU and EQ showed June as the fall off, and they both fell off in June even with them reporting Aug as first 30 day...probably irrelevant to EX, though.

The problem with contacting the OC is that it changed hands before it was charged off, and then again last year. Before the charge off, but while delinquent, the account was sold to Cap One. Then, last year/early this year, the account started showing as HSBC (still reported as Cap One in Oct 13, today reports as HSBC).

I've tried to contact HSBC, but they have no record using my SSN (I have no idea what the account number was and it's truncated in my report). This is also a little complicated because this was a joint account with a family member with whom I had a money-related falling out at the time the account went south and the details of what was paid are a little murky since I wasn't using the account. I was too young/dumb to know that I could have closed the account and protected myself.
My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 11 of 15
IamB2
Established Contributor

@hahayepyep wrote:
I've tried to contact HSBC, but they have no record using my SSN (I have no idea what the account number was and it's truncated in my report). This is also a little complicated because this was a joint account with a family member with whom I had a money-related falling out at the time the account went south and the details of what was paid are a little murky since I wasn't using the account. I was too young/dumb to know that I could have closed the account and protected myself.

This may be the answer to your 90 days scenario. Maybe the other person made a payment somewhere along the lines? Regardless, however, the account was never brought to current. Even if a payment was made, the account still remained delinquent. If it isn't ever brought to current, the original DOFD still remains, per FCRA.

if the account is being listed as HSBC, and they are unable to locate your account using your SS#, then I would send a direct dispute over to HSBC with the copy of your credit report showing the TL listed as HSBC and asking them to give you a clarification as to why they are listing this account in your report. If they are unable to verify it or give you an explanation, they are required to remove it.

Hope that helps.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 12 of 15
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@IamB2 wrote:

@hahayepyep wrote:

This may be the answer to your 90 days scenario. Maybe the other person made a payment somewhere along the lines? Regardless, however, the account was never brought to current. Even if a payment was made, the account still remained delinquent. If it isn't ever brought to current, the original DOFD still remains, per FCRA.

if the account is being listed as HSBC, and they are unable to locate your account using your SS#, then I would send a direct dispute over to HSBC with the copy of your credit report showing the TL listed as HSBC and asking them to give you a clarification as to why they are listing this account in your report. If they are unable to verify it or give you an explanation, they are required to remove it.

Hope that helps.

I have a question from my Equifax report, hopefully you can help me. I have a closed paid account that was closed Nov 2008, last activity was Jan 2013 when I paid the card off.

The seven year history is as follows:

30 days late 9/2012

60 days late 10/2012

90 days late 11/2008

Current status pays as agreed

When should I expect this to be removed 2019? or 2015?

Thank you!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

@New_Beginning: I'm not 100% sure on that, but you'll probably get better help by starting a new thread with your question

AND....as of today 6/28 this TL has dropped off!!!  I called EX to ask about fall off date and they weren't a ton of help simply parroting the "7 years for negative accounts, 10 years for positive accounts" spiel....and then a few days later, boom!  It's gone!  May be a coincidence, but who cares, I'm free from this CO now!!!

This also marks the hitting of my first major score goal: 720+ as reported on myFICO!  WIth this and my new CC's it's time to mellow out and garden for a while.  Next goal is 780+, but I doubt that will come anywhere near as quickly as the first goal did.

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 14 of 15
GooseGirl
Contributor

Wow! Congratulations. That's some really impressive progress in less than 5 months. Thank you for sharing.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.