Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX not reporting Cap 1 AU Tradeline

tag
manzanita
Contributor

EX not reporting Cap 1 AU Tradeline

Hi there,

I added my husband as an AU to my Cap 1 acct to help with his AAOA and number of accounts (thin file). Both EQ and TU reported it several weeks ago, within days of the request. No sign of it on EX as of today.

I spoke with a Cap 1 Senior Escalation Analyst, who then transferred me to someone in Credit Bureau Reporting Dept (or something like along those lines) and he could see that the AU update had been sent to all three bureaus and that "all CRs may report differently."

I've looked around on the boards and I haven't see anything about EX being a pain about AU TLs, so I'm wondering if there is something that can be done...

Should we/can we contact EX to request that it be inserted? I thought they had to report whatever the creditor sends them (thats always what they say when it comes to removals anyway). Should I push again on Cap 1?

Only thing I can think of is I kept my maiden name, so we have the same address but different last names. So maybe that's the hang up, but any insight on how to fix this issue?

Also, Cap 1 is up to date on all of our accounts so I don't believe this is related to their reporting issues last month.

Thanks!

Amex PRG - NPSL // Amex Delta Gold- 2000 // Amex SPG - 5400 // Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 // Citi Dividend - 5000 // Discover It - 10,000 // Barclay Arrival - 4000 // WestElm - 7000 // J.Crew - 1100

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: EX not reporting Cap 1 AU Tradeline

Message 2 of 5
manzanita
Contributor

Just figured it out I think....

Found an article elsewhere that quotes Experian as saying "if an account is negative, it automatically is removed from the AU's credit report." If this is true that's probably the reason here. I had a 90 day on this account back in Dec 2007 and a 30 day in 2009 so it's flagged as a negative in my EX. The account shows as clean in both my EQ and TU, but I have had no luck in getting EX to remove the lates. 

However, I STILL think the good (age + CL) would outweigh the bad. Has anyone else experienced this? Have you ever been an AU on an account wth questionable history and have it NOT show up on EX? Seems mighty nice of them to do that, which is why I wonder how true this could be....

Amex PRG - NPSL // Amex Delta Gold- 2000 // Amex SPG - 5400 // Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 // Citi Dividend - 5000 // Discover It - 10,000 // Barclay Arrival - 4000 // WestElm - 7000 // J.Crew - 1100

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have never heard of any CRA removing an AU account because it is negative.  That really isn't their call.

It also is not up to EX to remove late payments but rather the OC through GW letters.

No, a 90 day late is a major derogatory.  Even with the age of the account (CL are not scored), that 90 day is really hurting your score.

Message 4 of 5
manzanita
Contributor

I agree - I thought it was odd...like, "how generous of you, Experian, to look out for the consumer like that!" come on. No way!  

So maybe I'll just leave well enough alone. My scores are acceptable for now (I'm at 711..up from the high 500s when I first started this process, and that 90 day will be gone by the time we app for our long term goal of getting a house...in the short term I just wanted to build my credit file and get some rewards cards, which I have been able to do...and probably over-did actually. Smiley Embarassed  Feedback from myfico and a rejection letter from barclays stated that he had two few accounts reporting payment history. The hope was to beef things up with an old account so he could be attractive to new and better credit offers (he only has a store card and an old Cap 1 starter acct of his own). His score was around 640 when that denial happened last month. One of his accounts had an old dispute comment, so we had that removed and he's now at 660 on EX and 680 on EQ (Eq shows the AU acct, EX does not..but EQ shows the acct as clean. We were also approved for a GW on a few lates on another acct of his, and that GW is also reflected in that EQ score, but not yet on the EX).

I wanted the additional CL on there to help build his utilization (which right now is ~ 3%, so really not a big deal in the long run). I could just add him to another account, but not without dinging his AAOA. Hesitant to work on that baddie, because I don't want it to somehow get added back on to the other two, in case they were removed by mistake. I was under the impression that they were GW'd, but EX won't budge. 

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.