Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX refusing to delete item past CRTP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX refusing to delete item past CRTP.

Just got a letter back from EX informing me they refuse to investigate an old account even though they show in the payment history the DOFD was May 2003 and it went to collection April 2004.  The 7 years + 180 days has the CRTP expiring late last year and TU and EQ dropped them on their own back in October.  I'd love to get this off my report, but I'm trying to figure out how to get them to do their job.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ficofreaks
Valued Member

Re: EX refusing to delete item past CRTP.

I would try to write them a letter explaining exactly what you wrote in your post above.  If they send you a letter back with the same, refusing, then I would send an ITS letter.  Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 534 EQ 582 EX 582
Current Score: TU 534 EQ 582 EX 582
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What was the reason for refusing to investigate?

EX shows a drop off date.  Does it show it should have dropped off between May and Nov 2010?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason they listed on the first page of their response was that they had previously investigated the item and that the credit grantor has verified it's accuracy.  It was part of a dispute back in 2009 because it was duplicated.  Back then I sent a copy of the account history and a copy of my EX report with the pertinent information circled and a dispute letter stating the issue and they deleted the duplicate listing.  This time I sent a dispute letter stating it was past CRTP with a copy of the account history and a copy of my EX report with the pertinent information circled.  They wrote "pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will not be investigating your dispute again at this time."  The reason for this current dispute is completely different than for the previous dispute, but the documents for this dispute are the same with different information circled.  EX didn't list a drop off date for the account on the physical copy of the report they sent me, but the account history listed across the bottom of the listing shows a mix of OK and ND up to May 2003 then ascending lates up to April 2004 when it changes to a collection.  The only dates they specifically reference are date opened of Jul 2001, first reported Jun 2002 and date of status May 2005 even though the payment history only goes to 2004.  The account history from the OC shows a last payment of 5-13-2003.  I was fairly certain my documentation and dispute were accurate enough.

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you get your report directly from the CRA or annualcreditreport.com, EX will show a statement that says "This is scheduled to report until (date)".    Not necessarily the one they send you after a dispute.

If you can get your report from annualcreditreport.com I would.  And if you could post a screen shot that would be good too.

Are they listing this as a positive account?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was from the anual credit report and all the other items on that report list under status the whole "on record until ***",  but this account just says "claim filed" under status.  I'm not sure what claim they're referring to since it was sent to a CA in 2004 and paid off under a PFD in 2005 without any lawsuits ever threatened or filed.

Since this is the printed on paper and mailed to me annual credit report sent directly from EX I don't have a screen cap on hand but here is exactly what it says (lender information and account numbers excluded):

Date opened

Jul 2001

Frist reported

Jun 2002

Date of status

May 2005

Type

Installment

Terms

64 Months

Monthly payment

$50

Credit limit or original amount

$2,848

High balance

Not reported

Recent balance

$0 as of May 2005

Responsibility

Individual

Status

Claim filed

Creditor's statement

This item was verified and updated on Jul 2009

Payment history (this is the format with the colorful little payment history boxes under the listed month counting backwards)

APR: C, MAR: 180, FEB: 180, JAN 2004: 180, DEC: 180, NOV: 180, OCT: 180, SEP: 150, AUG: 120, JUL: 90, JUN: 60, MAY: OK, APR: OK, MAR: OK, FEB: OK, JAN 2003: OK, DEC: OK, NOV: ND, OCT: ND, SEP: ND, AUG: ND, JUL: ND, JUN: OK, MAY: OK, APR: OK, MAR: ND, FEB: ND, JAN 2002: OK, DEC: OK, NOV: OK, OCT: OK, SEP: OK, AUG: OK, JUL: OK, JUN: OK

That's it, there's nothing else, no empty lines, no explination as to why they think it should still be there.

Edit: past edited to make payment bold and color coded.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just dug up copies of my reports for all three CRAs from May 2009 and both TU and EQ state DOFD as May 2003, but EX doesn't show any payment history and states the account is scheduled to remain on record until Sept 2011.  I'm not sure why I never noticed that discrepancy before, maybe it was because I knew that account was still in it's accurate CRTP at the time and I was focused on having the duplication removed.

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would write them again.  Enclose a copy of their letter stating they won't investigate again and a copy of the 2009 report with the information highlighted.

Tell them this dispute and the previous dispute were for two entirely different reasons, though for the same account. 

I would also file complaints with the BBB, FTC and your states AG office.

I have no idea what claim filed means either.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.