Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX reporting

I have been working on my credit for a couple of months now and just decided to pay to pull my EX report so I can see how it is going since I cannot check my score.  Several months ago I had many collections that I paid off that were reporting on EX and EQ.  EQ updated them to show 0 balance a couple of months ago but according to the report I just pulled today, there is 8 items on my EX report that I paid a couple of months ago that is still showing I owe balances on.  What is the best way to correct this?  Do I need to dispute it directly through EX or is there a more efficient way?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX reporting

You can certainly dispute because it is misreporting, however I certainly wouldn't recommend it. You don't want them updated to $0. Why? Because a paid CA is equally damaging as one with a $10k balance per FICO scoring. You'd want it off. If you dispute, they might just update to $0 and that won't help you any (and in some circumstances actually hurt your FICO).

I would send a GW. I'd mention that I paid, and without referencing the incorrect balance, I would ask them to delete. If they delete, then problem solved and your score could go up. If they say "No", then I'd send more GWs. If still no, then you can fall back on the incorrect reporting.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX reporting

I need them to show a $0 balance in order to obtain a mortgage in the next couple of months.  If I had known what I know now about fixing my credit then I would of never just sent checks out to pay off my outstanding balances, I would of tried PFD's and seen how it went.  However at this point I would like to have everything done as soon as possible so I can start seeing my housing options.  I am waiting on a EQ dispute to finish up (Verizon Wireless recommended I dispute to fix the way they were reporting on my CR's.)   and then I will have done everything I can other than the way EX is reporting.  If I decide to wait on purchasing a house then I will start sending out GW's to everyone to see what I can get deleted but I would like to have my options open.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.