cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX stating suspicious request? What do I do it was my request and they won't answer it.

tag
amber1
Valued Member

EX stating suspicious request? What do I do it was my request and they won't answer it.

I sent EX 3 letters in one envelope via cmrrr and stated the certified mail number in each of the letters.  One letter requested DOFD on 2 separate accounts, another letter needed to have personal info corrected in which I enclosed a copy of my driver's license and copy of my W-2 to verify ss#, and the last letter was to remove to medical bills that weren't mine.  Each letter was typed in teal ink, italicized, and unsigned.

EX stated that they will not do anything.  They said my request was suspicious and that they determined that it wasn't sent by me.  They also said that any future requests made in this manner will not be processed and will not receive a response.  Suspicious requests are taken seriously and reviewed by EX security personnel who will report deceptive activity, including copies of letters deemed as suspicious, to law enforcement offiicals, and to state or federal regulatory agencies.

What is the problem?  How could they determine that I didn't send it; I sent it certified mail.  They didn't even call me to verify the letters or anything.

What do I do to get my requested information and have the inaccuracies corrected?  Do I need to report this to the FTC and my state attorney general?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: EX stating suspicious request? What do I do it was my request and they won't answer it.

They just did that 2 me. I sent the Pre-HIPAA letter follwed everything & sent certified and I received the same reply, they found it fraudulent and suspicious so they will not respond. I was pissed. So last weekI sent it all again certified, no reply yet & no green card yet.
Message 2 of 5
amber1
Valued Member

Re: EX stating suspicious request? What do I do it was my request and they won't answer it.

Hmm, I hope someone will respond that could help us out.  Perhaps, EX is a little upset because people might be using the same letter.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

before i started my jorney with the credit report clean up, i read somewhere that they dont like form letters,

i sat at my kitchen table for hours and handwrote all my disputes,  I have had not problems 

Message 4 of 5
amber1
Valued Member

I think you are right on that one.  I wish I had better prepared myself.  Either way even if it is a form letter they should still honor the request.  They should actually do their job and not state that I didn't send it without verifying with me first.  Perhaps it is just coincidental that my letters were sent and maybe someone else is really trying to access my reports.  I just don't know what to do.  Should I send a follow up letter informing them that the 3 letters that were sent via cmrr was really mine.  I have a security freeze on my account due to identity theft previously.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.