Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX stubborn to remove old charge off.

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

EX stubborn to remove old charge off.

I've had some past account's removed early from my EX report. Two collections (Midland & PR, and a charge off, 2 months early).   I called today to get the last charge off removed from my report and the CS rep was insistent it could not be removed because, in his broken english " the date it is scheduled to come of this October 2016, and it can't be removed until then" and he mentioned something about the retention, October is the earliest.

I mentioned to him I've had an account removed early a few weeks ago from EX, the collection associated with it, Midland with no issues. He gave me the same sphele.  I asked to talk to a Supervisor and he asked why, and I told him because I want to talk about this account and he didn't want to transfer me, and then I kept asking nicely and he finally put me on a 10 min hold. Came back and told me the "supervisor"  said the same thing it can not be removed until October 2016. I think he just put me on hold and was BSing me. I'm calling back tomorrow and asking again. I don't take NO for an answer. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Re: EX stubborn to remove old charge off.

QuickUpdate: I read some poste on MYFICO and I googled and called the 714 area code # for Experian and was on hold for a bit, but a really nice lady answered, I told her "I have an old charge off account I want to look at"  she pulled up the info, and I said I wanted to see about removing it early, I am trying to clean up my report for a loan.  She said sure, "let me put you on hold while I take a look at this account to see if it can be removed early for you."  She came back and told me "not until June 1st is the earliers it can be removed"  Smiley Sad   Not the news I was looking for but such a nicer person to deal with, she knew what I was talking about and what I wanted done. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX stubborn to remove old charge off.

Hello, Can you PM the number  that you used to contact Experian? I have some things I want to try and get removed early. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.