cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX - why do you take so long for something I think is obvious?

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

EX - why do you take so long for something I think is obvious?

I recently disputed some personal info on my reports.  I asked them to delete an old address (they had "10" for the apartment number, not "104" - well, they had 3 listings for this address, one without the apartment number, one with the 10, and one with the correct number), delete a phone number I no longer have, and to delete a name that isn't mine.  It's a common misspelling.  I didn't ask them to delete any of their other versions of my name - they had me as Firstname Lastname, Firstname Middle Initial  Lastname, Firstname Middlename Lastname, and as Firstname Middle Initial Misspelled Lastname.  Why can they so easily fix the address and the phone number but I can't seem to even find out if they're going to delete the wrong name? 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: EX - why do you take so long for something I think is obvious?

Hi mauve,  Did you get your results from the dispute yet?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.