cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN Early Exclusion!!!! Question..!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXPERIAN Early Exclusion!!!! Question..!

So after a month of disputing my very last medical collection with a horrid company in SoCal, I finally got an Experian rep today who looked at the account and since it is aging off in 6 months, she said I'm requesting this to be deleted via the system right now. I confirmed this was Not A dispute but a deletion and she said yes - 24 hours and it's gone!!! She was in the executive office.

My question is -- once this deletes can the CA RESUBIT IT??? I don't know how that works once a CRA deletes an item -- I was told row different versions. Some say yes, some say once it's deleted by the CRA they can't submit the same account as a COL?

Any advice here would make me a happy guy!!! If this goes through accordingly this is my last big baddie except for an old CO from FP BANK IN 09!!!! Scores are 645-650 now. AAofA 7 years oldest is 13. This could be a boost for my scores!

Weigh in gurus ! I am stunned she agreed to delete it - the other guy I had working my case said earliest was end of October. :-). Persistence is key !!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EXPERIAN Early Exclusion!!!! Question..!

Once the CRA deletes it, it is my understanding that the CA can't resubmit it as the CRA has done this independently of the CA and does not alert them to this.  This was done as GW gesture by the CRA and what good is such a gesture if the derogatory item were to just come back? Hope you get a nice boost from it.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southeast -- I am totally psyched!!!! It is my last collection albeit 6 years old and some change. But I'm told that the last collection always affects your score regardless of age.

I also see it listed on every denial for credit I get recently. I've also gotten 8 inquiries deleted that are updating soon!!!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Having negative items come off you report is truly a thing of joy.  I've been in the lab for about 5 months cleaning up the credit of my wife and myself and everything that comes off calls for a champagne toast lol.  It really is nice to be able to move on with your financial life and no longer be held back by poor choices from almost a decade ago.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very upset. The collection removal DROPPED my score 10 points. I'm so upset.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO makes absolutely no darn sense and nobody can explain as to why this happened. This morning I was 642 and now at 632 after the collection removal. It was my last collection!!!!! I am so ready to throw in the towel with this credit repair garbage
Message 6 of 9
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FICO makes absolutely no darn sense and nobody can explain as to why this happened. This morning I was 642 and now at 632 after the collection removal. It was my last collection!!!!! I am so ready to throw in the towel with this credit repair garbage

Was it your last baddie, or no?

Likely rebucketing if nothing has changed on your reports. It sucks in the short term, but it means your ceiling has suddenly gotten much higher. You'll get those 10 points back plus more, just keep at it. Rebuilding is a true test of patience and mental fortitude. You got this.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I needed that positivity. It was my last collection yes -- still have 2 charge offS. One paid with cap one from 2012 and one unpaid with FP from 2009, due to age off in March thank god!!! Experian may honor an early exclusion on it as well.

But with no collections now I was definitely expecting a boost. It's even listed as a positive aspect - No collections! So confused. What is meant by my ceiling being much higher ? Like when my UTIL comes down I'm likely to see a bigger boost than before? I'm at 39% but it will report as 28% soon. So under that 30% mark. . Idk
Message 8 of 9
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Yes, it means that the highest FICO score you can achieve with your profile has likely gone up. If your previous ceiling was 680, now say it's 700 (just an example). No one can be 100% sure, as the formula is a bit of a mystery, but that's likely the culprit.

Focus on the utilization and GW the hell out of that paid CO. Capital One is a tough nut to crack (they've haunted me for 6.5+ years), but it's worth the effort. You'll get a solid bump if you can get either or both of those COs removed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.