Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CLI with Capital One Credit Steps

tag
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Early CLI with Capital One Credit Steps

Part of me wonders what would have happened if you only did the early cli on one card. I have two cards as well and didn't even know you could ask for an early increase. Both accounts are in credit steps. I just hit 6mknths and my cli was $3300 and I started with $300 limit in dec. I decided to do the early increase by hitting the button and got up to $800 with starting cli of $300. 6th statement will cut on Friday and though I'm due my cli, I doubt it will be as high as my first account I isn't touch. I do love that the increases are way over what they tell you in the beginning. 

Message 11 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they soft pull? If so, any idea who they pull?

Message 12 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you all wait a few months or after the first statement cut to ask for the cli?

Message 13 of 59
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Yes, it's a soft pull.

I waited 6 months bc I didn't know as part of credit steps you could ask for a cli.
Message 14 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited 5 months after opening my first account but that's because I didn't know you could ask for a CLI while on the credit steps program.

It's my understanding you need to wait at least 3 months
Message 15 of 59
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

For my QS1 I waited 4ish months because I just saw this thread today.

For my Unsecured Platinum, I waited 1 month, because I did a CLI for my QS1 today, and thought what the heck, I'll do the other card even though it's only been a month.

Message 16 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were your increases instantly approved? Or was there any delay? I just want to know before trying on my QS1 card. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Were your increases instantly approved? Or was there any delay? I just want to know before trying on my QS1 card. Smiley Wink

Its usually instant approval. My wifes was approved from $500 to $1500 even though its currently got $470 on it right now, but I have been making double minimum payments twice monthly.

Message 18 of 59
Cjinpink
Established Member

I have a secured platinum (2months old) and an unsecured platinum (less than a month old) w/Cap1. Can I have a 3rd card - I would like the quicksilver card.
6/15 Starting My Fico: 602 EQ 582 TU 588 EX
Current My Fico: 619 EQ 606 TU 591 EX

Goal: 700+ across the board!

Message 19 of 59
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

I can't get them to budge on a pre-credit steps CLI for me. 4th statement will cut next week, I'll try again. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.