Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CLI with Capital One Credit Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CLI with Capital One Credit Steps

I also received an early increse after my third statement cut Smiley Happy QS went from 300 -to 500 and Platinum went from 500 to 1,000. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Message 41 of 59
revivemycredit
Valued Member

grats!!!

i just now got one also (well two actually on separate cards) after a couple of days of 3rd statement cut. from $500 to $1500 for both. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 59
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I signed up for credit check total today and was unpleasantly surprised by my scores. I thought "what the heck" and applied for two Capital One cards. Much to my surprise, I was approved for both (MasterCard Platinum and Quicksilver 1). This post has me feeling positive that I'll be able to start getting my credit back on track.
Message 43 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone or know of anyone getting a CLI after their 2nd statement cut?  Just wondering as I use my card up and pay it down weekly since I got it a month ago or so.  The limit is $300 but on my statement shows total charges well above that and shows my balance as low since I pay it almost all the way down. Just wondering if that will help with a CLI.

Message 44 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone or know of anyone getting a CLI after their 2nd statement cut?  Just wondering as I use my card up and pay it down weekly since I got it a month ago or so.  The limit is $300 but on my statement shows total charges well above that and shows my balance as low since I pay it almost all the way down. Just wondering if that will help with a CLI.

Yes, you can ask *any* time. I have heard of some people getting one after the second statement, but most common is after the third statement. Using your card as you describe is good for getting CLI's.

Message 45 of 59
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

My steps ends for my qs1 after aug 2(when my statements post). Wondering what kind of bump I'll see since I already requested & got $500 bump after my 3rd statement.

Message 46 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CLI from 300-800 on my platinum after I requested after the second statement. I then just received another 500 increase last night unrequested (at 6 month statement). So you never know. I'm going to go for a product change after the card posts. 

Message 47 of 59
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Can someone post the link to the site for sign up?  I haven't received a statement yet.  Only had the card for 1 week.

Congrats on all of your CLI's Smiley Happy

Starting all over again!
Message 48 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

does this work for cap one secured cards?

Message 49 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital is really hit or miss, I have a Quicksilver that started at $500 in April, I hit the love button and got no love lol however, that was after I hit the love button on my Venture card which had a starting limit of $10,000 (i know right, but only $500 on the other) whatever not going to complain. Anyway, I got instantly approved for an additional $8000! highest limit thus far. I have no need for more but I am hoping I will get an increase on the Quicksilver in November on the Credit Step program my FIco is 722 now. All because of Capital One : )

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.