Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Delete/Exclusion

tag
steele70
Established Member

Early Delete/Exclusion

Hello everyone,

I have had some success and failure this week with the early delete/exclusion issue. 

I disputed online with Transunion for 5/7 negative accounts I had via their online dispute form. The only reason I didn't dispute the other two was due to there not being an option for account too old on those 2 accounts. Within 12 hours, they had deleted 5/5 that were disputed!!

I called today to speak with a customer service rep and she stated that they could not do an early exclusion for the other two, even though they are set to fall off 05/2014 and 09/2014.

Any suggestions or should I just wait it out?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 618
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Delete/Exclusion

Which companies are the other two for if you don't mind me asking?

That's good to hear though, I haven't had any luck with that yet.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 21
steele70
Established Member

The other two accounts are as follows:

Portfolio Recovery in the amount of $168.00 (Estimated fall-off of 09/2014)

RJM Acquisitions in the amount of $1416.00 (Estimated fall-off of 05/2014)

Message 3 of 21
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Portofolio was schedulled to fall on my report on 09/2014 It did not give me option to dispute as account to old to be on file so I left it alone 

Today it was gone YMMV, phone REP will not do it in TU

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 4 of 21
steele70
Established Member

I suppose I will just wait it out at this point. It's not too much longer, especially after getting to the 7 year mark. I'm just so close that I want all the baddies gone and to start fresh. Thanks for your input!

Message 5 of 21
steele70
Established Member

Just a quick update. I called the dispute phone number for Equifax and asked for an early exclusion on my 9 accounts that are within 6 months of hitting the 7 year mark. I spoke with Trixie(probably located somewhere east of here) and she told me they could not do that.

Am I doing something/saying something wrong? Or is it just luck of the draw on who will or won't do it? 

Message 6 of 21
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind that trade lines being excluded from your credit report can still be accessed later down the road or disclosed to when applying for a mortgage. Unpaid debt never goes away. 

DaBears

Message 7 of 21
creditdemon
New Contributor

Ive been trying to get something deleted off my TU thats scheduled to fall off 5/14 as well.  Eff them...seriously, its impossible.  Im so frustrated right now I want to break things.  As if 7 years and however months isnt enough punishment for poor choices.

Message 8 of 21
tld1104
Contributor

I've called Experian several times over the last few weeks trying to get an early deletion for an Applied Bank CO that is due off 5/2014.  

I've been told that I'd have to wait until 5/1 a couple of times and today the lady told me I'd have to wait until it's 30 days out and told me to call back 4/24 because she shows it is to be on there until 5/24/2014.  It shows 5/2014 on my report....not 5/24/2014.  Never been told an exact day like that before....seems like they all have a different answer.  

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664

Message 9 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DaBears wrote:

Keep in mind that trade lines being excluded from your credit report can still be accessed later down the road or disclosed to when applying for a mortgage. Unpaid debt never goes away. 

DaBears

Not true, the CRAs do not keep negatives forever they do not have the storage capacity, they get deleted from ones file at the 10 year mark just like good closed accounts do. You can goto a CRAs website and they will tell you this themselves it is an old wives tale that they keep them forever...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.