Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Delete/Exclusion

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Delete/Exclusion

EX will delete 3 months early, TU 6, EQ is hit or miss. Just need to speak to the right people.
Message 11 of 21
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Me and my wife just got a mortgage for $325,000 the senior loan officer pulled a factual report on me and he saw a unpaid CC in collections from 15 yrs ago. It was for $565 luckily the underwriter didn't care. Unpaid debt never goes away!!!!!

Message 12 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DaBears wrote:

Me and my wife just got a mortgage for $325,000 the senior loan officer pulled a factual report on me and he saw a unpaid CC in collections from 15 yrs ago. It was for $565 luckily the underwriter didn't care. Unpaid debt never goes away!!!!!

Then that account slipped thru the cracks. I have over 70K in unpaid COs BK over the years and unpaid and not a single 1 shows as they are all past 10 yrs. The full factual report by the way has nothing to do with collecting info on unpaid debts that may or may not exceed the CRTP but an in depth exam, verification and compilation of what is being reported on your CRs... Very few use a FF report they are expensive and its only allowed on loans over 150K. Its a question you should ask a mortgage lender prior to apping and if they intended to run one find someone else...

Message 13 of 21
growing123
Regular Contributor

Yes, you're right Gdale. I just spoke to a rep at EX this week asking about a collection account for which they granted early exclusion.  It was unpaid at the time of exclusion and later PIF.  I was under the assumption that the account would stay on my CR (just not shown with a simple pull), so I wanted to see about letting them know it was paid. 

Anyway, she told me the account was not on my CR.  She went on to explain that after an account reaches it's CRTP, they delete it! 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 14 of 21
steele70
Established Member

Thanks for the input everyone. It makes me nervous that these accounts may show up to haunt me in the future.

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 618
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 21
lesse
Frequent Contributor

I have one unpaid cc c/o set to fall off in July I have asked ex for early delete many of times - is it the term that I'm using ? What do you say when calling to get them to do this ? I don't want to dispute since I'm in the middle of a mortgage loan (I'm not feeling I will get approved Smiley Sad but I'm going to wait for an answer) my scores are suffering with ex and Tu because that cc is apart of my "revolving utilization" so I have $1300 worth of ccs all paid in full but I'm at a 40% util - if I get that removed I can gain enough to give me the max score and I will be way above the 640 min I need for a loan and that will be my last unpaid baddie bedsides my 2 med collections - help anyone ???
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 21
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@lesse wrote:
I have one unpaid cc c/o set to fall off in July I have asked ex for early delete many of times - is it the term that I'm using ? What do you say when calling to get them to do this ? I don't want to dispute since I'm in the middle of a mortgage loan (I'm not feeling I will get approved Smiley Sad but I'm going to wait for an answer) my scores are suffering with ex and Tu because that cc is apart of my "revolving utilization" so I have $1300 worth of ccs all paid in full but I'm at a 40% util - if I get that removed I can gain enough to give me the max score and I will be way above the 640 min I need for a loan and that will be my last unpaid baddie bedsides my 2 med collections - help anyone ???

If you get your utlization down a little more you could have a big loan as well. But when you call, ask for an early exclusion from your credit report. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 17 of 21
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Earlier this week I got EX to remove a CO that was due to fall off in August, via phone. Just wanted to share my experience with it

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 18 of 21
lesse
Frequent Contributor

The chargeoff is only showing a monthly payment of like $20 or something so its not really affecting my loan amt or my DTI - its affecting my scores because its included in my current utilization so although all my "current" credit cards are paid in full the $700 goes against my other $1300 in paid off ccs- limiting me to only 620 lenders which there arent many that ive come across- only one would actually take my score that i app'd with. I called today and asked for an exclusion- i was told that the date it should actually fall off is in novemeber but they "purge" their systems in july so that is the earliest they will go Smiley Sad

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
edcb
Contributor

What is the number to call for an early excluson for TU?

My rep....spoke fabulous English. Very proper English.  But I have this feeling I was not talking to the right person.

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.