cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Deletion ... has anyone tried to ask for this?

tag
happyus
Valued Member

Early Deletion ... has anyone tried to ask for this?

Ok I have been working day and night on my credit since Nov of next year and I have managered to raise more score about 100 give or take. I have a deliemma now. 

I have an old bill DOFD is 11/2007 so it should fall off this year, but we are closing on our house Sept 3 and it has to be taken care of. It isbeing report by Equifax only. The bill is $1600.  I just know that I read on here somewhere awhile back that we could request an early deletion saying that it obsolute? How do I do that? what kind of wording do I use? Anybody had any luck with this? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Deletion ... has anyone tried to ask for this?

Plenty of people have had luck asking for an early deletion as early as six months before its due to fall off. You have the right verbiage for it, it just depends on who answers the phone when you request this. Some will do it, some will say they can't do it. Just call back until you get the answer you're looking for.

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.