Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Deletion question. Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Deletion question. Please help!

So, I've been reading about the option to request an Early Deletion for any paid/unpaid accounts on you report up to 2 - 6 months in advance. Does it matter the type of debt? I have an unpaid old broken lease I cosigned for that is due to fall off in Nov for a little over 9k. I called TU and the agent who I assume is based overseas just had no idea of what I was talking about. The online dispute form doesn't provide any options that I can use to request EE. I know the Myfico is against unpaid debt but I actually am in the process of saving the money to settle this debt, so it's not that Im wanting it off to forget about it I just need it off to apply for a new apartment. Any info you can provide is so helpful! Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Deletion question. Please help!

Girl they always act brand new when you ask for an early exclusion. At least that has been my experience. I've only successfully gotten an early exclusion from TransUnion. It was for an unpaid First Premier account. I did have to call a few times. The last time I asked to speak to a supervisor as soon as the guy started giving me the canned speech. The supervisor did delete for me. I usually rephrase when they said they say they don't know what I'm talking about when I ask for the early exclusion. I ask for the account to be dropped early from my report.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I've been reading about the option to request an Early Deletion for any paid/unpaid accounts on you report up to 2 - 6 months in advance. Does it matter the type of debt? I have an unpaid old broken lease I cosigned for that is due to fall off in Nov for a little over 9k. I called TU and the agent who I assume is based overseas just had no idea of what I was talking about. The online dispute form doesn't provide any options that I can use to request EE. I know the Myfico is against unpaid debt but I actually am in the process of saving the money to settle this debt, so it's not that Im wanting it off to forget about it I just need it off to apply for a new apartment. Any info you can provide is so helpful! Thanks.

You may need to call TU more than once to have it dropped off early. Sometimes they say no then they go ahead and delete it anyway.

I had 2 open collections that I never paid, as the SOL had expired, I called TU a couple times and they dropped it a few months ahead of the 7 year mark.

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A little background may help....

Up until around a year or so ago, there was virtually NO discussion here on the forum about early exclusions.

They were not being requested of the CRAs.

They are a recent topic of discussion, resutling in a new animal for the CRAs to deal with.

There are no published procedures for early exclusion, and no statutory or regulatory guidelines.

In all fairness to the CRAs, it is not surprising that many reps are not familiar with early exclusions, and give some very contradirctory advise.

One form of bad advise is to file  a dispute in order to get it considered.

Disputes are not appropriate, in that a dispute requires some showing of inaccuracy of reported information.

A request for early exclusion is not an assertion of any inaccuracy, it is a request for a form or good-will from the CRA.

Just be persistent, and if the rep you are speaking with seems confused or not knowledgeable, then terminate the call and call back later, until you get a rep who has experience with such unregulated requests.........

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.