Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Deletion ?

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Early Deletion ?

Hello

Someone mentioned in one of my other threads (i think gdale) that I can call the credit bureaus and request an early deletion of some derogs that are scheduled to drop off in July-Sept.  Would I just call the credit dispute number for this (if I can find good numbers for this with the bureaus!), or is there some special number to call for this kind of thing?  Is this kind of request unusual, and what should I mention as my reasoning (i.e. I haven't had a single derog since the ones that will drop off in July-Sept and I want to open new TL soon and these are the only things holding me back)?  

Thanks 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Early Deletion ?

You could call the number on your report and state tradeline xyz is scheduled to fall off and ask if they are willing to exclude it from reporting today.  Results will be mixed by TL and CRA.  They may ask you if you are wanting to dispute the TL; my advice would be to say no.  If they are able to remove it on the spot (or tell you no on the spot), then you will know.  If they are unable to give you an immediate answer, thank them for their time and hang up.  Prolonging they call may result in an unanticipated dispute logged for that TL.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 3
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Deletion ?

I have read that transunion deletes six months early, and experian 3 months, equifax doesn't do early exclusion. 

It all depends on whom you speak to, because I ALWAYS get told no! LOL

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.