HopeTo

Re: Early Deletion

Thanks! Hopefully it works for me

Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@growing123 wrote:

No, I just called the number I found on this forum (stickies on front).  Asked the rep at both CRA and they said yes. I didin't even know they did early exclusion until I read it on this forum. 

I have also read that people go online and choose the option 'obselete', this is with TU.  Good luck!

It isn't obsolete if it is still within the CRTP.  This option should NOT be used if it is as it would be a violation of the TOS of the forums.

Message 12 of 18

Yes, I had a Macy's CO account that fell off 2 years early from all 3 credit agencies. I didn't do anything. I'm not sure why that happened, but I'm glad it did. It was past the SOL and the amount was $215. I think it costs them money to report it every month, and since it was a low amount I guess they decided "Ah, screw it. She obviously isn't going to pay it so lets just delete this thing and move on". Honestly, if they would have agreed to pay for delete then I would have, but from being on this forum I know Macy's rules with an iron fist when it comes to deleting accurate information, so I didn't even bother. 

Message 13 of 18
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

So how early are we talking here? I have one paid charge off that is due to fall off in 12/14. Is it too early to try?

Message 14 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@earlyKY wrote:

So how early are we talking here? I have one paid charge off that is due to fall off in 12/14. Is it too early to try?

Attempt early deletion by request 6 months prior and every month thereafter till its gone.

Message 15 of 18
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@growing123 wrote:

No, I just called the number I found on this forum (stickies on front).  Asked the rep at both CRA and they said yes. I didin't even know they did early exclusion until I read it on this forum. 

I have also read that people go online and choose the option 'obselete', this is with TU.  Good luck!

What are the stickies for these numbers and where can I find them?

Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
growing123
Regular Contributor

@New_Beginning wrote:

@growing123 wrote:

I have also read that people go online and choose the option obsolete, this is with TU.  Good luck!

Thanks!

The 'stickies' are frequently requested threads located on the first page of the rebuilding forum.  They have the numbers for all of the CRA's, or if you have a report from the CRA, they usually have their number listed.  Good luck!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 17 of 18
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

@growing123 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

@growing123 wrote:

I have also read that people go online and choose the option obsolete, this is with TU.  Good luck!

Thanks!

The 'stickies' are frequently requested threads located on the first page of the rebuilding forum.  They have the numbers for all of the CRA's, or if you have a report from the CRA, they usually have their number listed.  Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.