Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Deletions?! Ugh

tag
creditdemon
New Contributor

Early Deletions?! Ugh

I'm so frustrated I want to scream.  So what is the magic trick to get the credit agencies to delete early?  Ive tried with both Equifax and Transunion multiple times and I am sweet as honey when I ask...and nothing... I ask to speak to supervisor and nothing.  Seriously, what is the secret word here? Am I calling the wrong numbers, am I asking the wrong things?!  TU says this should be removed in May and EQ in June...its not like I am asking for a year early or anything.  I need to apply for car loans soon and I need this cleaned up.  On an unrelated note....does Experian even exist? I mean the website wont give me access to dispute things, I can't get ahold of anyone on the phone....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Re: Early Deletions?! Ugh

EX won't budge... that's the general consensus.  I made it happen with TU by disputing online as "too old to be on file"- but I really did think it was too old because I did not thing the DoFD was correct... so maybe they just agreed with me?  EQ might do it for some folks, but it will take until Christmas for them to actually update it... lol Smiley Tongue

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 2 of 5
creditdemon
New Contributor

Thank you ... I can dispute - but I guess it would only be worthwhile to do with EQ?.  Since TU will be removed in May I assume the 30 days it takes to dispute will keep this on longer, or will they just see "oh its being removed soon anyway" and delete it within a few days?  If it says May does this generally mean May 1st or May 30th?  EX ... soo many problems, I started a different question about them.

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@creditdemon wrote:

Thank you ... I can dispute - but I guess it would only be worthwhile to do with EQ?.  Since TU will be removed in May I assume the 30 days it takes to dispute will keep this on longer, or will they just see "oh its being removed soon anyway" and delete it within a few days?  If it says May does this generally mean May 1st or May 30th?  EX ... soo many problems, I started a different question about them.

I just had a charge off from eq and tu that were supposed to come off in may.I just went to their sites and disputed and in notes I just asked for early deletion.TU took about day or two,ew took an bit over an week , but both were removed early successfully. good luck

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Early exclusion is a request for a favor.

If the max credit report exclusion period has not arrived, there would be no basis for a dispute.

I know that such disputes are being recommended by many on the site, they they are not proper disputes.

General use of such disputes is apt to generate some policy decisions on the part of the CRAs to dismiss any consideration of such frivolous disputes, resulting in less consideration actually being given to requests for earlier exclusion.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.