Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion Eludes me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion Eludes me

I read a lot about EE but I can't even get TU to remove an old unpaid CO that even their report says will fall off in March 2017. TU says it must open up a dispute with the CA to see if it's ok to delete. I wasn't comfortable with that so I'll just check back with TU later on in the month to see if the CO is gone. Anyone else ever have this happen with a CRA?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early Exclusion Eludes me

@Anonymous wrote:
I read a lot about EE but I can't even get TU to remove an old unpaid CO that even their report says will fall off in March 2017. TU says it must open up a dispute with the CA to see if it's ok to delete. I wasn't comfortable with that so I'll just check back with TU later on in the month to see if the CO is gone. Anyone else ever have this happen with a CRA?

The CRA is responsible for the exclusion and it doesnt involve the creditor at all. TU calls their EE a 'dispute'. I would get a supervisor on the phone not all know about this.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I spoke with three different people at TU and they all said they have to open up a dispute with the creditor. I'll try talking to a supervisor tomorrow.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The supervisors can do it; the ordinary reps cannot and will just repeat the rigamarole about the FCRA and a 7-year retention period. Get them to transfer you to a supervisor and if they ask why, tell them it's because you said you couldn't help me, please transfer me to someone who is authorized to do so.

The supervisor might give you the run-around but he or she does have the authority to remove the item. Politely but firmly repeat that the account is "nearing the end of its retention period"  and can they check if it's eligible for removal; they will eventually agree.

The account should be gone within 24 hours.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again. I appreciate all the intelligent information. You guys really rock. I mean it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, if you are scheduled for removal this month, just wait it out.  If you dispute it, they have 30 days to respond.  You can end up with it on there longer than if it was scheduled to come off.  Credit Karma will show you when it is removed.  I know how you feel, I have 1 small medical  collection left on Experian only.  I can't wait to see clean reports for the first time!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, if you are scheduled for removal this month, just wait it out.  If you dispute it, they have 30 days to respond.  You can end up with it on there longer than if it was scheduled to come off.  Credit Karma will show you when it is removed.  I know how you feel, I have 1 small medical  collection left on Experian only.  I can't wait to see clean reports for the first time!

^^^^

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.