Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion-Encouragement For Others

tag
creditfreak68
Established Member

Early Exclusion-Encouragement For Others

I got the last three of my baddies deleted on Wednesday from Transunion, and my score went up 137 points to 819. It's been a long six and a half years, but thanks a lot to this board I have learned a ton and can hopefully help return the favor to others.

As many had said, it's when the final removal occurs that you get the biggest increase in score. Case in point, I had one collection and three chargeoffs removed on October 1, and my Transunion score went from 692 down to 683. On November 1, I had the last collection, and last two chargeoffs deleted and it took me all the way to 819. I never would have thought I would be this high, but maintaining my mortgage as well as adding cards over the years must have really paid off. 

Thanks again for everyone's help! Screenshot.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion-Encouragement For Others

Congrats...it's this kind of post that gives me hope down the line.  I'm still a newbie to rebuilding my credit score but I've learned a lot from everyone here.  Hopefully someday, I'll get to where you are at right now. 

Message 2 of 3
creditfreak68
Established Member

Re: Early Exclusion-Encouragement For Others

Oh you will....it's just takes time unfortunately. One thing I have learned now is that you are definitely limited in score by negative tradelines. It's amazing to me that three baddies from almost seven years ago would raise my score that much. I was always under the impression that as baddies aged, they were less of a factor. I know now that really isn't true at all as evidenced by the score increase I have seen first hand. Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.