Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion - Last 2 Baddies..help?

tag
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Early Exclusion - Last 2 Baddies..help?

Hi all,

I'm going to be closing on a home here in March. I have two baddies left on my credit report that I would love to have removed prior to closing. I was going to ask for early exclusion from the various CRA's but I wanted to check here to see if I'm gadging the appropriate fall off date correctly.

Charged off CC's:

BoA: Opened in Aug 2008. Dofd was Oct 2008.

Capital One: Opened in Jan 2008. Dofd was Nov 2008.

Does this mean that these items are set to drop off Oct & November of this year?

I'm also looking to purchase a car later this year, so if I'm not able to get them removed in time for the home loan, I'd love to get them removed before I purchase the car so I have a totally clean report.

Thanks!

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early Exclusion - Last 2 Baddies..help?

@guykara wrote:

Hi all,

I'm going to be closing on a home here in March. I have two baddies left on my credit report that I would love to have removed prior to closing. I was going to ask for early exclusion from the various CRA's but I wanted to check here to see if I'm gadging the appropriate fall off date correctly.

Charged off CC's:

BoA: Opened in Aug 2008. Dofd was Oct 2008.

Capital One: Opened in Jan 2008. Dofd was Nov 2008.

Does this mean that these items are set to drop off Oct & November of this year?

I'm also looking to purchase a car later this year, so if I'm not able to get them removed in time for the home loan, I'd love to get them removed before I purchase the car so I have a totally clean report.

Thanks!

They can actually stay on file for 7,5 years but the CRAs usually remove at 7 year point to avoid being out of compliance. Start asking for early exclusion 6 months out TU is prob only one who will do, the other 2 more so at 3 months out.

Message 2 of 4
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Thanks

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a copy of your credit reports.  TU and EX state on there when they are scheduled for removal.  You can get free reports once a year at annualcreditreport.com  If your removal dates are 3 or 4 months out, you can probably get early removal.  EQ wasn't as generous about removing as EX and TU were for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.