Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion Success

tag
wallstreet177
Contributor

Early Exclusion Success

So after reading threads about Early Exclusion I decided to give it a try.  Here's the extent of my call from today.

I called the dispute number.  (800) 493-1058.  You need your report number to get a live agent.  You can't just press 0 a bunch of times.

I pressed the "general questions" option.  Got a nice lady who put me on hold when asking about early exclusion.  She came back and said that experian doesn't do this and they have to stay on until their purge date.  She put me on hold again to make sure what she was telling me was true.  I'm assuming I was on hold while she talked to her supervisor.  After confirming she asked if I had any other questions.  I asked her to confirm the purge dates on the items I was going to ask for EE.  She verified the first one, but the second one didn't have a purge date.  She told me she was going to transfer me to further assist me.  

When the next agent answered the phone, instead of asking her the date, I asked her if I could get some items excluded early.  She asked me what items.  I gave her two that were set to fall off  May 2015.  She said both of these fit their criteria to be removed.   Awesome!!

So I tried to go down the list with the two next closest.  One set to fall off July 2015 and the other August 2015.

For both she said neither fit the criteria and would have to stay on til those dates.  

I'll take 2 of 4 anyday.  Especially since one of them is a collection that updates every single month with a higher balance.  

I'm 2 months out for the two that got deleted, so I guess I'll wait a couple months to try the other two again.

Both ladies were very nice.  Maybe I hit the wrong option for who to talk to but I got to the right person.

Hopefully this helps anyone that is nervous about calling.  It took 4 minutes and the two will be deleted 24-72 hours from now with an email confirmation.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion Success

Congrats! Experian is normally 3 months out!

Try for the others during April!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! Thanks for putting the # here as well...I tried with TU yesterday....i got the it has to stay 7 years speel. I'm going to try this again today. 

My two are for May and June.

Message 3 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

When I last called EX, they advised that I could only have my CO excluded a month prior to the listed exclusion date.   I'd try again once you get closer to the exclusion dates.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth, ahh gotcha....Ill try to grit and bare it Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job OP, congrats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.