Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion Transunion??- Updated

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early Exclusion Transunion??- Updated

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I looked on Experian and Equifax. Didn't see an exclusion date. I will look again. 

The reports from Myfico will not have these dates, YMMV.  You will need to log into each CRA under the guise of disputing an item.  Then take note of each baddie and its removal date.

Using the backdoor at the CRA under the guise of  "disputing" to find information is considered unethical by My Fico and would be a violation of the TOS. Please refrain from posting this in the future.

Message 31 of 35
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@cem13 wrote:

"They wont be adding any additional time, but if the TL hasnt updated in awhile and the exclusion doesnt go thru then you end up with this month as the status month and a drop in your Fico score."

@gdale6: I disagree with your statement in a drop in score due to updating.  I had a BOA CC that was IIB and the DoFD was Jan 2009.  It recently updated on EQ and I did nothing to poke the sleeping giant.  They updated my high balance and history.  It did nothing to my score.

Maybe because of the DoFD and the expected fall off later this year, but updating the accounts does not always result in a score drop.

Every scoring situation is YMMV.   So we can't say that an updated TL will always result in a score drop, but it often does.  As other items on your CRs age or change, those also affect your scores.  For example, you may have had INQs age off or AAoA increase at the same time that your baddie updated, which may offset any points lost.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 32 of 35
cem13
Established Contributor

Every scoring situation is YMMV.   So we can't say that an updated TL will always result in a score drop, but it often does.  As other items on your CRs age or change, those also affect your scores.  For example, you may have had INQs age off or AAoA increase at the same time that your baddie updated, which may offset any points lost.  

That is exactly my point.  Sometimes, as humans, we apply our experiences to the larger population.  In this case, the algorithym is very complicated.  So YMMV applies in every, single case.  I am certain that there are patterns that we can deduce or "re-engineer" and we can draw some very loose generalizations.

Thanks to every one for posting.  The most data that we gather, the better our "re-engineering model" becomes.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 33 of 35
cem13
Established Contributor

Using the backdoor at the CRA under the guise of  "disputing" to find information is considered unethical by My Fico and would be a violation of the TOS. Please refrain from posting this in the future.

Not to be "that guy"; but, today I am on a roll.  I understand the TOS and anything unethical is not allowed.  I 100% agree with this.  

However, how do I know if I want to dispute something unless I actually go into my report, check it out to make sure everything is good, then dispute as necessary?  The on-line system does not prevent me from doing this task so it is not unethical.

So my answer to the question should be, "Everyone should check their credit report on a regular (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly etc) basis to confirm if there is anything that is incorrect.  If there is anything incorrect, you need to dispute it.  Make sure to notate every key piece of data on each T/L to confirm it does not change from month to month or year to year or whatever the time frame is.

Then each subsequent review of your credit file, double check each T/L to ensure nothing changes.  If there are changes, make sure the changes are accurate, and dispute any incorrect item.

The CRAs have information about me.  I have the right to make sure that it is correct.  So if I check this periodocally, and make notations about the information, how do I know if something changes from month to month?  I have several horror stories about changes made to my Credit report without my knowledge that was incorrect.   It is hell getting them to do the right thing.

Again, I will never advocate anyone to do anything illegal or unethical.  But I follow the rules and make sure my data is correct once per week.

Sorry for the confusion.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 34 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@cem13 wrote:

Not to be "that guy"; but, today I am on a roll.  I understand the TOS and anything unethical is not allowed.  I 100% agree with this.  

However, how do I know if I want to dispute something unless I actually go into my report, check it out to make sure everything is good, then dispute as necessary?  The on-line system does not prevent me from doing this task so it is not unethical. It is unethical in My Ficos eyes. You are using a system designed to submit disputes to avoid paying or otherwise obtaining your report in an ethical manner. We are not going to argue semantics here it is what it is and the MyFico Admins & Moderators set whats allowed or not allowed on these boards.

So my answer to the question should be, "Everyone should check their credit report on a regular (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly etc) basis to confirm if there is anything that is incorrect.  If there is anything incorrect, you need to dispute it.  Make sure to notate every key piece of data on each T/L to confirm it does not change from month to month or year to year or whatever the time frame is.

Then each subsequent review of your credit file, double check each T/L to ensure nothing changes.  If there are changes, make sure the changes are accurate, and dispute any incorrect item.

The CRAs have information about me.  I have the right to make sure that it is correct.  So if I check this periodocally, and make notations about the information, how do I know if something changes from month to month?  I have several horror stories about changes made to my Credit report without my knowledge that was incorrect.   It is hell getting them to do the right thing. The right way to do this is to subscribe to a monitoring service with daily pulls or sign up for CK, CS that will monitor for free.you can also use your free annual report to obtain hard copies that will show the dates of removal and this is what we would advise a member to do.

Again, I will never advocate anyone to do anything illegal or unethical.  But I follow the rules and make sure my data is correct once per week. Thanks

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.