Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion

So I noticed last month that Transunion removed a charged off First Premier card that wasnt scheduled to fall off until Dec 2016. Today I decided to try my luck with the other two. Experian deleted it with no problem, but Equifax stated that on their end it isnt supposed to come off until Mar 2017, and that they have no way of removing it early. I felt good about Experian, but whats the deal with EQ? They never budge for me. They also hold the majority of my baddies. After multiple disputes they won't remove any of them,  however the other two have. That score continues to be signifigantly lower. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion

Do you have documentation that confirmed the DOFD so you can be sure of the last date it can be reported?  The reason I ask is it's not unusual for credit reports showing the date it could be removed as being earlier than the last date it can be reported.  In fact one CRA (I don't recall which one) regularly list the date of removal as being 90 days earlier than the last date it can actually be reported.  So it would not surprise me that the latest date the TL could be reported is Mar 17 and Transunion listed the date as 90 days earlier (Dec 16) and actually deleted it earlier than that.  The CRA's never want to list a TL as derog longer than is permissible, so many "fall off" early or are willing to exclude early.  I would continue to call every 30 days until it's excluded.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion

Thank you for your reply. I was only granted 2 points from Experian for that item being removed. Seems to me like it wasnt weighing heavily on my score anyway! It just looked bad!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.