Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusions Question

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Early Exclusions Question

The DOFD is the date that you first became delinquent under your account agreement, and thereafter remained delinquent until either the debt was charged-off or referred for collection.

Creditors are not required to report each and every montly delinquency.  They could wait several months before first reporting to a CRA.

Thus, a first reported 30-late could be delayed several months after the DOFD.

Additionally, a delinquency is not reportable to a CRA as a 30-late until it is at least 30 days past the billing due date, which means the date it became delinquent under the account agreement was a month earlier.  Thus, the DOFD will be at least 30 days prior to the reported 30-late.

For those reasons, the CRAs do not use reported payment history of a 30-late to determine the DOFD.

Rather, FCRA 623(a)(5) requires the creditor to explicityly and separately report the DOFD to the CRA no later than 90 days after reproting of their charge-off.  This is recordec in your credit file as the "FCRA Compliance Date / Date of First Delinquency"

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I spoke with a supervisor today at TU regarding the day it would be dropping off my report.  I was told it was April 2016 and since it was close enough that she would go ahead and remove it!    Appreciate all of the info and advice guys!   Now I can hopefully get the other 2 to do it in a few months or else I will just wait it out.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW I just called Experian and they told me it was due to fall off in Feb 2016.  They were able to remove it and it will show up in 24-72 hours!

Beyond happy!   I'm still surprised that I was told April 2016 by a lady at Equifax but I guess they all have different dates.

This site rocks!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had luck with TU removing 6 months or less. And with Experian and Equifax 3 months or less. I just did online disputes and in the message spots I asked nicely If they could please exclude the account since it will be off my report soon anyway please. Always be nice. TU seems to be the easiest to work with.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I just saw your successes! Awesome! 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!   Def been an incredible last few days for me. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.