Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Removal was a NO go...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Early Removal was a NO go...

Read several success stories on the forum about calling the CRA's a few months before an item is due to age off and getting it removed early. I have a few accounts due to be deleted in 8/2014 and I tried getting them removed was told that they will just automatically delete in August. I asked again if they will just remove them since it is less than 2mths. The nice lady said no, and was explaining the creditor would have to delete the item early or if I just wait it will remove in August. So, just like EVERYTHING else, its YMMV.

Oh, well....I'm not planning on any apps right now, but it sure would be nice to have those items deleted. Guess waiting til August won't be so bad.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
A_Noob
Contributor

Re: Early Removal was a NO go...

@j_casteel wrote:

Read several success stories on the forum about calling the CRA's a few months before an item is due to age off and getting it removed early. I have a few accounts due to be deleted in 8/2014 and I tried getting them removed was told that they will just automatically delete in August. I asked again if they will just remove them since it is less than 2mths. The nice lady said no, and was explaining the creditor would have to delete the item early or if I just wait it will remove in August. So, just like EVERYTHING else, its YMMV.

Oh, well....I'm not planning on any apps right now, but it sure would be nice to have those items deleted. Guess waiting til August won't be so bad.

I had something deleted a few months ago but I contacted the creditor and did a PFD with them, not the CRAs.

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 2 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I owe nothing on any negative items. All past due accounts were paid a long time ago before I joined myFICO and I didn't know about PFD. Thus, there is no incentive for them to delete the item early.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 3 of 19
growing123
Regular Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Just out of curiousity, which CRA did you ask?  Alot of people report being turned down by TU only to find the item was removed afterall.  EX was so easy to deal with when it came to early removal for me.  EQ is a nightmare. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 4 of 19
A_Noob
Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
I owe nothing on any negative items. All past due accounts were paid a long time ago before I joined myFICO and I didn't know about PFD. Thus, there is no incentive for them to delete the item early.

I would try to GW the creditor if I were you.

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 5 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I called TU first to see and since they denied I didn't feel like calling EX or EQ.

They fall off in less than 2 months I don't feel like spending the energy to attempt any GW's. I'm patient enough to wait. However if they don't fall off in 2 months I will dispute them as being to old to report.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I guess I could try calling EX since it's a simple phone call.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 19
growing123
Regular Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Yeah, I called TU first to see and since they denied I didn't feel like calling EX or EQ.

They fall off in less than 2 months I don't feel like spending the energy to attempt any GW's. I'm patient enough to wait. However if they don't fall off in 2 months I will dispute them as being to old to report.

You never know, it might disappear in a few days any ways.  I would call EX for sure!  Good luck!!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 8 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Thanks

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.