Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Removal!

tag
itsmebkt
Established Member

Early Removal!

Hello all... I'm new to the community and am currently in the free trial period for SW and thought I'd share some good news that occurred today. I've been lurking for almost a week now and came across some threads that talked about getting some baddies removed early that were originally scheduled to drop off this summer and Fall. I made a phone call to all three CRAs and identified which entries I wanted to request be removed. Well, in a little over 4 hrs, I received an email from Experian that my dispute results were ready. I logged in and to my amazement, they have dropped the entries early as well as corrected the invalid personal information that was listed. I just hope that EQ and TU are able to do something as quickly as EX. Thanks to those OPs for the early removal threads and to everyone else for providing some great info. I've been learning lots on my way to rebuilding things.
05/16/13 - TU FICO: 669 (from MyFico)
05/14/13 - EQ FICO: 657 (from MyFico)
05/28/13 - EQ: 571 EX: 661 TU: 638 (EIDT FAKOs)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Early Removal!

Welcome to the forums.

Though I am glad it worked out, keep in mind that disputing accurate information trying to get it removed early is against the TOS of the forums.

Message 2 of 11
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Wow thats cool.... How did you pose the question? Did you just ask for early removal? On what grounds, or was it an actual "dispute"?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 3 of 11
itsmebkt
Established Member

First, my apologies if there was some violation of any TOS, that was not intentional.  I simply based my request to the CRAs on previous threads here on MyFICO, which did not have any mention of possible violations.

Second, I just asked.  I simply told them that I had identified several items on my report that were scheduled to drop off this summer and fall and was wondering if those could be removed early.   All 3 CRAs were more than helpful and all said that because I was within just a few months of the statue of limitations, they could put in the requests, but made it very clear that it doesn't always work.  It wasn't a quick phone call to each CRA and each CSR did their research on each item I was inquiring about.   I made sure that I was not disputing the information, but simply requesting early removal because they were very close to dropping anyway.

As for the personal information, there were some items listed on my EX report that was inaccurate and some that was very old.  I inquired about whether the old info should removed since it had been a long while since it had been accurate and the CSR suggested that since it was accurate, albeit outdated, I should keep it on there.  So I just requested removal of the inaccurate info.  Again, they were extremely helpful and I have to admit that surprised me. 

Thanks for the welcome!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
itsmebkt
Established Member

I want to apologize again for any possible TOS  violations.  I went back thru some threads that I read about early removal and now see posts suggesting possible TOS issues.

In my view, I was not disputing any valid information and made sure that each CRA was aware that that was the case.  They all understood and said they process the requests all the time, but that it wasn't always successful.  I'm sure that's why each CSR did the research on each entry I was inquiring about and agreed to submit the request.

Thanks again....

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
peepers
Frequent Contributor

I have a few accounts set to fall off in the next few months..... So are the calls recorded? I want to be on record emphatically stating I am not disputing the accuracy of any account, only asking for consideration of removal a couple months early. Think that would be a good approach?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just so you know, in order to dispute, you are disputing some inaccuracy about the TL. 

If you can ask the CSR to remove them early without disputing them that is different. 

Message 7 of 11
itsmebkt
Established Member

@peepers wrote:
I have a few accounts set to fall off in the next few months..... So are the calls recorded? I want to be on record emphatically stating I am not disputing the accuracy of any account, only asking for consideration of removal a couple months early. Think that would be a good approach?

I do not recall hearing any type of "this call may be recorded..." message.   TU gave me a confirmation number for the requests and EX and EQ each took my email address.  Suprisingly, TU said they don't send notifications via email.

That approach is the same one I took.

Message 8 of 11
itsmebkt
Established Member

I rec'd the official results in a letter from TU today.

They have deleted the 4 TLs that I requested be removed due to imminent removal this summer early fall. 

Just to reiterate, I did not dispute the validity of the TLs, but simply asked for their early removal since my CRs indicated they were to be removed in a matter of months.

As of 05/16/13, my TU FICO (purchased here on myFICO), is 669.  The date on the letter I rec'd is 05/13/13, so is it safe to assume that this score won't be changing any since I did not see any of the deleted TLs on the purchased 05/16 report?

Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Congrats!

Depends on how old they were.  If they were newer I would expect a change.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.