Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Warning

tag
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Re: Early Warning

Update, well BofA won't give me a letter because I am nowhere in their files but Early Warning says without them nothing they can do.....Listing remains.  I want to find these people and gas them.........WOW!

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 11 of 15
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest you call Early Warining systems and file a Notice of Dispute with them. Once the dispute is filed they will attempt to verify this account with Bank of America if they cannot verify it then they will be obligated to remove the reocrd . I know it is annoying and it takes time, however it is worth the try. I did everything via email with them easier for me to keep records that way and ocasionally would call them.

Here is their contact information

Early Warning Services, LLC
16552 N. 90th Street, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Phone 800-204-4616

Fax: 480.656.6850
E-mail: consumerservices@earlywarning.com

Good Luck

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 12 of 15
chan85
Established Contributor

Dragging up this thread, just had the same thing happen to me. Applied for an account with Delta CU and was declined for an entry on EWS. However, mine was legit and I paid it (which is noted on the file they sent me) but it will remain on my file!!

I am livid.... I applied for this same checking account a few years ago and got denied because of entries on Chexsystems, but I disputed them and got them off, but had to wait to apply because at the time they also pulled my credit and I was planning to apply for a mortgage so didn't want any extra inquiries. Now I go back afer I got through this whole mortgage process, and now there is this!

Does anyone know any credit unions that offer accounts to people with entries on EWS or that doesn't check EWS??

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 13 of 15
KatrinaE
Valued Member

There is no way what this company is doing is legal.

EWS (Early Warning Services) is another credit reporting and fraud prevention service similar to Chexsystems that is also used by banks to check an individual’s past  banking history. EWS was formed by 5 of the nation’s biggest banking corporations including Bank of America, BB&T, Chase, JP Morgan, Wachovia and Wells Fargo.

They created this little entity under the guise of reducing risk but are using it as a way to extort money from consurmers by forcing cusumers into one of their "2nd chance" accounts and forcing them to pay their monies owed (sometimes disputed and/or erroneous) plus penalties and interest.  Plus overcharging the poor saps that do open one of their crappy accounts.  Chase and Wells both currently offer these types of accounts - Access checking and Opportunity checking - both carry exorbitant fees, strick deposit guidelines (basically if you deposit anything other than cash you have to wait for access) and monthy user fees.  BofA is close behind them - prob waiting for their own mess to clear up before taking on additional risk. 

I have also read somewhere on these forums of consumers being turned down for credit cards due to a listing on EWS  Another scary thing - I have read on another forum that non-EWS banks closing accounts after a consumer had ordered checks from Delux.  Apparently Delux (being partnered with EWS) feels it is their civic duty to inform non-EWS banks about EWS entries on customers that have ordered checks through them!!. 

A few choice words come to mind:

Rackteering (definition: Racketeering activitity under federal law includes a number of criminal offenses, including extotionate credit transations...), extortion (The obtaining of property from another induced by wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear, or under color of official right), and collusion (definition:  a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement).

As far as Georgia Banks that are non-EWS - do a search for those keywords, there are several banks around Atlanta that do not subscribe to their services. 

Discover IT 14k | NFCU 10k | USAA Visa 6K | USAA Signature Visa 6k| Amex Sky Miles 10K | BarclayCard 7k | Marriott Rewards by Chase (AU) | Chase Freedom $1680 (weird I know) | Lowe's 15k | Chevron | TJMaxx | Victoria's Secret
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Credit Union does not check for EWS or ChexSystems. I have been reported to both, and was able to open an account with them. I have also opened up two credit cards and been awarded an overdraft line of credit. Navy Federal is great!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.