Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exclusion and tax lien update success

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Early exclusion and tax lien update success

I've been searching for ways to gain a few more points on each of my credit reports. I recently learned about early exclusions for accounts that were included in bankruptcy (IIB). My accounts are getting pretty close to the 7 year mark so I worked on those first. TU will sometimes delete accounts 6 months early so I put in a request to delete four accounts that fell into that time frame. Today I received notice that they were all removed. I have 3 left on that report. Two more can come off in June and the final one in August. Next was updating two state tax liens that I recently paid. I guess I'm kind of lucky because they actually deleted both of those liens. Yup, deleted. One was from 2010 and the other was from 2013.  I checked my TU score today.  It went up 8 points. The highest that it's been in a long time.  

Experian and Equifax will sometimes delete old accounts 2 months early so I didn't submit any requests to do that with them. I have notes for each account and when to file a request.  I did update my paid state tax leins though.  

Experian - 

State - $7292.00 - Status:
State tax lien paid,released.
Status Details: This item is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2015. - Surprized that it's being deleted but no complaints. Might gain a few points from this.

State - $159.00 - Status:
State tax lien paid,released.
Status Details: This item is scheduled to continue on record until Aug 2020. - I guess I'll be looking at this one for awhile.

One thing that I found. Credit Sesame shows a public record alert on February 26th. That is for a Federal tax lien that was filed in March of 2010. My CK score went down 8 points.  But... that lien has been reporting on there for years. I don't get that one.

Equifax -

State - $7292.00 - Marked paid as of Feb 2015

State - $159.00 - Deleted

Overall I think I did ok. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Early exclusion and tax lien update success

The above work paid off.  Just received some Luv from Synchrony. Got an $800.00 increase on my Walmart cards and $500.00 on JCP. They usually say "no" when I try the Luv Button. And when I do receive an increase, it's small. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.