cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exclusion failure. EDIT: TU Success!

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Early exclusion failure. EDIT: TU Success!

I've tried calling experian and transunion several times to request early exclusion... only to be told they don't do that. Then why have I read others have had success?

My 3 medical collections (reporting to all 3) are set to fall off as follows:

experian: june/july 2015

equifax: sept/ oct 2015

transunion: aug/sept 2015

the original delinquency took place sept/oct of 2008. Not sure why ex/tu are scheduled for earlier removal. Those dates are from reports before I called about early removal. I disputed the accounts in 2013 & they just updated to in collection. 

Since I've had so much trouble over the phone, how can I do this online? I'm focused on TU and EX. I've heard EQ is tough, so I'll try that one later.

Neither dispute site lists early exclusion/removal as a reason. What do I select? 

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early exclusion failure. Help?

I just got an august off of EX and a July off TU. You might be just a bit early, the EX lady I spoke to in JAn told me feb was the earliest i could do it. I would keep trying esp TU, they were tough to get someone who knew what i was talking about.

Message 2 of 20
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, absolutely nobody I've talked to knew what I was talking about. Really discouraging.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you calling the TU Penn #? Some people have had successes asking for a supervisor. I got transferred when i finally got someone who knew what I was talking about, not sure if it was to a super or not... 

Message 4 of 20
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the Penn #. I haven't asked to speak to a supervisor. I keep being told the same thing.

Message 5 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You do not dispute for an early exclusion, it is way early for EX. Guidelines on the EE are 6 months prior for TU and 3 months for the other 2. You can also ask for it via US Mail. Disputing is to challenge inaccurate info only.

Message 6 of 20
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I disagree with the previous poster.  You can dispute as obsolete to get your "early exclusion".  Timeframes still matter though.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Momof5 wrote:

I disagree with the previous poster.  You can dispute as obsolete to get your "early exclusion".  Timeframes still matter though.

My Fico's position on disputing is "for erroneous info only" and that leaves the EE out. The only time you can dispute something as obsolete is if it has passed the 7.5 yr timeframe as set out in the FCRA.

Message 8 of 20
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

I've read that a lot of others hve had success by disputing and using the reason of early removal in the "other" box, especially with TU. 

I've also read that those who have had success over the phon with TU were told by the rep it was called a dispute, despite the callers saying they weren't disputing inaccuracy.

I managed to figure out how to do it online with TU without having to select any reason except "other." I only did it for the 2 set to fall off in August. Hope I get good news, but not counting on it. Worth a shot.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had one deleted today on Exp. I simply ask them that it is going to come off in three months so lady put me on hold for few min and came back to say it has been removed. Same item was removed yesterday from TU but it was somewhat harder than Ex. 

While I had great success with those two, EQ would not budge and insisted that it isautomated and going to come off in two months. 

I do not believe that disputing as "Too old" is a right method because agents can see the DoFD right in there and then they will give you a speech of 7 years FCRA requirment. I have also noticed that if you are too pushy, it backfires too.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.